HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rr558

used 211

14 posts in this topic

is it worth it to buy a used bike from reputable dealer with under 5 hrs. for 800.00 savings over new ?

Depends on what the "new" price is. The dealer in Flint was about $1800 more then the dealer in Brighton out the door when I bought my 2011. First see what the lowest out the door price you can find is, then shoot them an offer at $1000 under your lowest price. Then it would be worth it :).

It's a used bike, regardless, even if it was sold, and never taken off the premises. Should be sold at a used bike price, period.

5 hours use for $800 less? I'd pass. I know some riders who can get a whole heck of a lotta use in 5 hours. :)

How are they going to prove that it only has 5 hours on it? Hour meters can be replaced or whatever to only show 5 hours of use.

It is a used bike, plane and simple. Go into it like any other used bike. No matter hwo good it looks, just figure that it has been ridden hard and will need some work to make it right.

Yeah I think you guys are right better off with new as I'm not a big fan of used 4t's

How are they going to prove that it only has 5 hours on it? Hour meters can be replaced or whatever to only show 5 hours of use.

It is a used bike, plane and simple. Go into it like any other used bike. No matter hwo good it looks, just figure that it has been ridden hard and will need some work to make it right.

You check....WITH THE TUNER....and see how many hours are on it.....so if the hour meter says 5 and you hook the tuner up and it says 45........... UHHHHHHHH?

But even the run time stored on the ECU can be erased.

But even the run time stored on the ECU can be erased.

That's the whole point. You don't know.

Yeah I think you guys are right better off with new as I'm not a big fan of used 4t's

I'm not a fan of any used bikes anymore. But I will say my used thumpers were better deals and never had any problems and every 2 stroke I bought used blew in a month. Besides engines used bikes are not worth the cut in price cause there are still lots of rubber parts that get dried , chain, sprokets, spokes, exhaust packing, bearings, greasing, etc. I have found by the time you factor in truly going thru a bike to make it track worthy you might as well have bought new and saved yourself the money and hours.

So far, I've never purchased a used bike that turned out badly. Not that you couldn't buy a lemon.

So far, I've never purchased a used bike that turned out badly. Not that you couldn't buy a lemon.
Because you know what your looking at.

That's the whole point. You don't know.
But if you had a tuner and checked...it would tell you something....But knowing what your looking at goes even furthur////its not hard to tell a bike with only 5 hours on it.