HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TORTURECHAMBERS

New XR650L What to do?

6 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if you guys can help me out. There's a pile of emission stuff hanging in the breeze on the left side of my bike. Can I just cap the front of the cylinder and bypass that whole thing? Here in Hawaii the emission thing is not checked at all. Also, suspension is to soft. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'll even take you riding if you like. :):D

I would love to riding in Hawaii but that would be one hell of a long drive for me. Bajadesigns has a block of kit for your smog stuff. I just bought a larger fuel tank from them. You can throw some progressive springs in the front of the XLR for a little firmer ride. This is a great forum for checking out what others have done also. Use the search function there a wealth of info in here. Congrats on the new bike! :)

Get rid of all that emissions crap. As stated, Baja Designs has a kit that is economical and practical. While you have the ole' credit card out and have them on the phone, get their kit to fix your stock carb, it sucks sphincter. I replaced mine with an Edelbrock Pumper, from Barnumspro. I run Progressive springs in front, and an Eibach on the rear shock, I do okay, but I'm not an airtime guy by any means, and I won't claim that I can keep up with the cats on their 650Rs and 450Fs on the trails. Just the view from my foxhole. :)

I'm wondering if you guys can help me out. There's a pile of emission stuff hanging in the breeze on the left side of my bike. Can I just cap the front of the cylinder and bypass that whole thing? Here in Hawaii the emission thing is not checked at all. Also, suspension is to soft. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'll even take you riding if you like. :):D

Checkout bajadesigns.com, they wrote a good writeup on what to do about the xrl weight and to increase the power.

You can get rid of alot of the weight.

Remove the gas tank for a plastic tank

Remove headlight

remove the taillight

get better knobbies

Im no expert :D, but check out bajadesigns.

Thanks guys. I had a feeling that emission crap could be by-passed. I checked out bajadesigns.com. I'll be oredering the stuff soon... :)

Uncork it with a good kit from bajadesigns, rejet it, do some suspension work, and then it'll perform better. Better, but not great. The 650R uncorked is what performs "great". And I mean serious power, not just a "good pull".