HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AliveInMyOde

Pics of my kickstarter mechanism messed up

6 posts in this topic

What ya need to do is right click on the imagstation picture and go down to properties. You will see an address for the picture ending with jpg. Highlight that adress, right click, and copy it.

Then when you post hit image, post the address of the picture and you should be good to go.

fb1ff4b3.jpg

fb1ff4bb.jpg

fb1ff4c3.jpg

Here I posted a few for ya.

Oh ok cool i didn't know if i was the only one who had it or what but yeah there definately was a kickback. was urs in the same shape and how can u prevent the kickback from occuring again.

-Billy

Come to think about my buddy's 98 wr400 kicked back and killed his starter. Probably in the same manner as what you are showing.

Oh ok cool i didn't know if i was the only one who had it or what but yeah there definately was a kickback. was urs in the same shape and how can u prevent the kickback from occuring again.

-Billy

It happened to my bike before I bought it. It was during a desert race here in AZ. The racer crashed, tried to start the bike, had it kick back, finally started it and much to his horror the kicker didn't disengage. He did not know what the noise was, so he finished the 25 mile lap. It beat up the case aluminum pretty bad, but I cleaned it up, tried to smooth everything out in the cases, tapped the threads and put new bolt and plate back in with red locktight. No problems since, and that was in 99. As for stopping kickback?? :) I have never had it happen to me with this bike.