HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zakrad_u

Interchangeable front wheel bearings?

3 posts in this topic

Know the size? Might be able to cross-reference dimensions and see if they have one that'll fit or not. Taking the old bearings to an auto parts store might be worth a shot too. Moto dealers aren't the only place that stocks bearings.

What I've done in the past... buy the non-OEM replacements... they just package up off-the-shelf bearings/seals. Write the numbers down from the bearing/seals, then look up the size/dimensions/type. There's only a handful of decent bearing/seal manufacturers. Then start looking around at local motion control, industrial-type warehouses. Whistler Bearing out here in Denver is a big one. Give them the part numbers off the bearings, they'll have some in stock. Buy half a dozen at a time.

In doing that though, I've also noticed that the non-OEM bearing/seal kits really aren't that much more than what you can get them for from industrial distributors. Cheaper for me to ride to the local moto shop and pick up the non-OEM kit than it is to head out to Whistler and buy theirs. I usually need more than just bearings, and the moto shops have a higher chance of carrying what I need in one stop than anywhere else.

But do you know if Amy are interchangeable? That would make it easier. Do you know what the crf rmz or kxf wheel bearing sizes are cause I have the yZs