HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
banffboy

Acerbis Light Question

14 posts in this topic

Has anyone installed an Acerbis Diamond light on thier bike? Do you have to re-wire for this thing :D? Or is there an option to just plug in like the stock light. I just got mine and it's confusing :) Any help brothers

Well I have a Baja HP on my old DR650, and it was plug in. I tried to install an old monster dual headlight from acerbis on my little XR200, and it would have required a lot of work in the rewiring dept. I'd have to see the wires side by side with the WR's. I would have figured it's plug in, but who knows? :) I thought about getting one of those too, but I also like the Polysport Husky replica light too.

PolySptHeadLight.jpg

Are you talking about the Acerbis Blitz headlight??

14302884.jpg

If so then all you have to do is take one wire from each bulb and tie them together to make 2 wires. 1 positive and 1 negative. Wire it to the 2 contacts that are in the stock connector.

Another thing. Replace the stock wire and connectors on the blitz. It is junk. Go to a house lighting store and buy new connectors from them. Acerbis wants $15 for one connector. I got both for $8 at a local low voltage lighting store. And its way sturdier.

You can also replace the bulbs with 50watt bulbs to get way more light outta it. I called Acerbis and they said that it will handle up to 50 watt bulbs.

That headlight I bought was from the mid 80's. I can't even find pics of it anymore. It was HUGE! Side by side lights and lenses the almost size of the Baja HP lenses. I can find pics in old dirtbike mags. I remember Husky had one on there 610 euro model bike done all in black and it looked absolutely mean. So I put it on the XR and it just overwhelmed the whole bike.

Thanks YZman. The acerbis daimond is a new light they have out. It's got 3 bulbs, 2 wires for each bulb. Your supposed to "twist" the wires together into 2 groups. They provide you with the little metal leads(that won't hold the 3 wires twisted together)The hardware provided is junk. They also provide you with the plastic plug/fasteners which are not compatible with the plug on my 01 WR. So it looks like i will have to not only wire the headlight but re-wire the plug on my WR. In retrospec i just should have bought the stock light and plugged it in. Oh well i'm a learning :)

I've bought more plastic and headlights than I know what to do, and half of the crap never fit or worked right. However, it looked great in the plastic bags all new and shiny. :):D

Well I have a Baja HP on my old DR650, and it was plug in. I tried to install an old monster dual headlight from acerbis on my little XR200, and it would have required a lot of work in the rewiring dept. I'd have to see the wires side by side with the WR's. I would have figured it's plug in, but who knows? :) I thought about getting one of those too, but I also like the Polysport Husky replica light too.

PolySptHeadLight.jpg

I like this headlight :D

Is this the Husky replacement light you are describing?

Where did you get it? I wonder if it fits on my DRZ?? :D

I think what you need to do is gather 1 wire from each light together and solder them together. Then crimp one of these on it

64-3137.jpg

Do the same for the three remaining wires.

That blade crimp connector should plug right into your stock headlight plug.

Your right the stock wires are junk. But the lights are just 12v low voltage halogen lights just like what is found in home low voltage lighting setups. I couldn't even figure out what I was supposed to do with the hardware they sent me :)

If you pull the bulbs out you will see that the bulb plugs into a little round ceramic connector with 2 really cheep wires sticking out. Those wires will break off.

Replace that entire connector with one from a lighting store. The one I found was way more durable and 1/4 the price of what Acerbis wanted for a replacement. The problem that I had was the wires broke off of the ceramic connector.

I just got that new Diamond. Fellow YZman's directions he da 'night ridin' man! :D

My Acerbis directions where trash and I didn't even have get any connectors with it. :)

I did get many compliments on it tho, and it does get bright. :D

I just went night riding for the first time. It rocked! :D

Untill your dying battery (strapped to your back) is out of juice. Then you got about 20min to make it back to camp. :D Thank goodness for a couple of Banshees and their high-beams! :D

mike

----------------------------------------------------

'03YZ450F(da beast),'02YZ250F(Bro's- da ultimate toy),'87XR280R (Lender .... "da mangler")

he da 'night ridin' man!

Try night ridding in Michigans Single track, at night, in the winter, in the snow, during a snow storm. Not that is fun. Yep I am crazy :):D :D