HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirthumpalot

replacing O-rings with filter change

3 posts in this topic

How often do you guys replace the o-rings on the oil filter cover? I just changed the filter for the first time, tightened the cover to spec and it seems that there may be a small leak. I did not replace the o-rings this time (dealer didn't have any in stock).

Thanks!

sir- I've had my '00 for over a year and never eplaced them. Make sure one of them didn't pop sideways when you put it back on, I always have trouble with mine slipping just off to the side after I put it back on.

Thanks for the reply. I took it apart again tonight and took the time to really check it out and the o-rings look good. I cleaned it up really nice and put it back on, hopefully it won't leak. I only saw one drop of oil there before so it may have just been left over from the oil change, but I thought that I had cleaned it all up. I will watch it closely.

Thanks!