-11 YZ450F...4th gear pops out !

Yes it does.

ohhh thats no fun..

My 2011 had 55 hrs on the clock when I traded it, Oil change intervals were every 5hrs.. No problems...

Hey motojase316 how do you compare your ,11 YZ450F to your new KX450F? I'm curious to try another brand, but really like my '10 YZF. It's just so light feeling, everyone that rides it says it feels like a 250F. I don't want to give that up, plus it's very stable unlike Honda and RMZ. Never owned a KX. I know the engines are unreal. A buddy has an '09 and the engine is bad ass, but the bike feels like a dump truck handling wise. Maybe the '12 is better? Mags are saying it's still got a front push...prob fix that with clamps.

Hey motojase316 how do you compare your ,11 YZ450F to your new KX450F? I'm curious to try another brand, but really like my '10 YZF. It's just so light feeling, everyone that rides it says it feels like a 250F. I don't want to give that up, plus it's very stable unlike Honda and RMZ. Never owned a KX. I know the engines are unreal. A buddy has an '09 and the engine is bad ass, but the bike feels like a dump truck handling wise. Maybe the '12 is better? Mags are saying it's still got a front push...prob fix that with clamps.

I tried the 2012 KX450F last weekend and it´s very different compared to Yamaha...totaly different riding position if you ask me. The bar position felt higher and bike felt in someway shorter than the Yamaha. Motor felt stronger in the begining of the powerband on the Kawi.

But I only got 5 laps on it so I let Motojase do the talking...

Yeah RC, everything HRC said is right on the money... The riding position suits me really well. I just fitted a fmf factory 4.1 RCT/ Mega bomb system and tested it last weekend.

It makes the power super strong and removes the corked up feel of the stocker.

Cornering is superb, the Rock Hard blue groove tracks I ride here I found the YZ needed a little bulldoging through the corners, not so on the Kawasaki.

Suspension is plush and balanced out of the box, very stable at speed on rough High speed chop.

Dont get me wrong, I loved my 2010 and 2011 yamahas, But I have to say I am more impressed with the Kawasaki, It has given me back a lot of confidence, It seems real easy to ride in all situations.

It may not be the bike for everyone, But it Is the right fit for me right now.

Thanks motojase316, I'll be watching the KX450F forum :smashpc: