Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Hopper Show

cleaning up swing arm

5 posts in this topic

my swing arm has a couple small scratches/rock rash from laying the bike over. what can i do to get these scratches out and get back to the factory new look. i dont want to polish. i like the brushed look.

It'll be difficult retaining the brushed factory look. The swingarm has pretty deep gouges? You may be able to knock down the ridges but there will be slight color differences between the fresh/exposed metal and the flat brushed swingarm.

knock down sharp edges and apply liberal amounts of elbow grease and Scotch Brite pads...medium grit. Bought to do mine.

knock down sharp edges and apply liberal amounts of elbow grease and Scotch Brite pads...medium grit. Bought to do mine.

This will work. Won't look exactly the same as stock, but if you do the whole swingarm you won't be able to tell.

powder coat it silver

I dont understand how some guys can ride hard and still have a fresh looking bike. I seem to have uncleanable mud stains and crappy finishes on bolts in no time

I know its a dirt bike, But like most I enjoy my bike looking fresh for all the time and money that goes into it