HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
usaf_yz426

rebound clicker broke

9 posts in this topic

so i was stiffening up my front forks for supermoto and when i was running my rebound clicker in (left fork), i heard a snap noise and now there is no resistance when turning it in either direction, so i am assuming that it is broke. is there a way to check on this? i don't wanna take the top cap off and be greated with a shower of fork oil to the face, so is there anything i should be aware of? thanks

so what exactly breaks on the inside when this happens? i tried taking the cap off but it seems like spring tension is holding it in, do i need to loosen the compression valve on the bottom of the fork?

so what exactly breaks on the inside when this happens? i tried taking the cap off but it seems like spring tension is holding it in, do i need to loosen the compression valve on the bottom of the fork?

The cap is threaded onto the damper rod so you will probably have to take the fork off the bike because you need to be able to slide the fork tube down in order to access the lock nut to remove the cap.

Here's a really good how to video on cartridge type forks from RockyMountain ATV/MC.

Part 1

Part 2

thanks the vid helped alot, i'll break the shock down when i get home. but what exactly breaks in the rebound clicker assembly? i guess i'll find out when i get it apart.LOL

thanks the vid helped alot, i'll break the shock down when i get home. but what exactly breaks in the rebound clicker assembly? i guess i'll find out when i get it apart.LOL

While I've never actually had one of the caps apart, I think that there really isn't much to them. I think that all that is in there is basically a screw that applies pressure to the damping rod and an o-ring or two. It's probably not something that can be found at your local hardware store though, if I had to guess I would think that it is threaded at the top and just a bare shank towards the bottom. Like I said, though, I'm just guessing. One of two things probably happened, either the adjuster twisted off or the threads in the cap or the adjuster stripped.

thanks gray, i'll give him a call. i saw that someone is selling a pair of the caps on EBAY for a 100$, is this a good deal?

Yamaha retails them for $236...each. Without checking with Dave, I think it's probably safe to guess that it is, but he could surprise you.

Well it is verified, the rebound clicker is toast, also the rubber bump stop was trashed. I'm gonna see what dave can do for me. Costly leasoned learned, be easy on those clickers