Powerbomb or Megabomb?

I have heard that the megabomb isnt worth the $300+, but I have also heard that it is great. I have also heard that the powerbomb has a more noticeble difference in performance than the megabomb, but also it gets really hot to the point that it melts pant legs. So what do you think, powerbomb or megabomb? Let me know, thanks......:eek:

And my machine is a 2004 WR450F, I trail ride and never go to the track so I am looking for more tourqe than speed, thanks.

I have a Power Bomb on my '07 450 and absolutely love it! It has plenty on the bottom end for torque but yet still pulls strong on the top. I have an FMF Speed muffler on mine. As far as the heat problem....mine hasn't ever got hot enough to melt anything before. Even while riding the sand dunes. I am a happy Power Bomb customer!

I've had both, and i would suggest the PB.

i have the megabomb in titanum and i like it a lot. although i haven't used any other pipe because i bought my bike used and it came with it lol

Cool thanks guys, powerbomb it is.

I have heard that the megabomb isnt worth the $300+, but I have also heard that it is great. I have also heard that the powerbomb has a more noticeble difference in performance than the megabomb, but also it gets really hot to the point that it melts pant legs. So what do you think, powerbomb or megabomb? Let me know, thanks......:eek:

And my machine is a 2004 WR450F, I trail ride and never go to the track so I am looking for more tourqe than speed, thanks.

Neither one is worth it for trail riding. I have a powerbomb header that's been sitting in my garage for about a year and a half. The reason why I took it off the bike and put it in my garage is because its so soft that the slightest tip over put a dent in it and I had to send it out to get repaired.

The reason its STILL in my garage after all this time is that it just doesn't make one bit of difference.

I have an FMF Factory 4 pipe that I bought at the same time. Its in the garage too because it also had to be repaired after a few crashes.

If I try hard enough, I can "imagine" that these two items, seperately or together, make enough of a difference while trail riding to justify the money I spent on them. Twisting my wrist just a mere fraction more gets the job done with my fat (and growing) ass on the bike. Right now, I have the stock pipe with the PMB end cap. Its quieter and doesn't sound as cool, but I've got all the power I need and then some.

Now... if you are serious racer and need the imaginary "umph" that the megabomb will give you, then you will have another bike for racing anyways (see my signature)

I guess I'm saying that you can probably put your money elsewhere and get better benefit.

Edited by mauricedorris

yea dont go external with power before you hit the inside.. if you want more tourque get a tourquier cam? something. exhaust just pisses people off too.. ESSPECIALLY trail riding..

I've had Nothing but bad experiences with fmf four stroke stuff, blew up 2 mufflers and 4 headers in a year without crashing! Brand New parts! Both mufflers blew out a 4 inch hole on the inside toward the end cap and two headers separated from the manifolds and two blew holes in the bottom. Needless to say I'm now a DRD distributor and its all ill run on my 450

Doing all the carb mods makes a much bigger difference than pipe upgrades.

A R&D powerbowl II kit will make your bike run 100% better, more throttle response and over rev, and not stall. THE best upgrade you can do to any bike with an FCR carb......

And no, 'you don't need it if your jetting is right' is not true, and only said by those who have not tried it.

Right now I have done everything internal, its jetted just right has a powerup needle and I finetuned my timing. I also messed around with the air intake, and drive. My bike has awesome tourqe and great power. After all that, I also put on the Lexx MXE slip-on from rockymountain. That was just incredible, even when it has its baffle in the performance gain is just amazing, and without it it is just crazy scary. I think im going to try that powerbowl upgrade and see what happens. Thanks guys.