Quick Change Assembly for YZF

I was looking at YZF for sale and came across this kit. Ty Davis's company makes them. I was wondering if anyone has seen them in person or had experience with them. Here is the link to them. http://www.ZipTyRacing.com/Products/parts/chain_adj_block.htm

Here is the pics of them. I think that they look pretty sweet. And at 79.00 plus shipping I think that they are decently priced.

chain_adjuster_block_in_place.jpg

------------------

Scott #410

Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"

'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)

'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR

"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"

"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Pics

Those look pretty cool, I just got a spare rear wheel assy together and it's great! Save the fresh rubber for racing.

The only thing I see a problem is the index marks are gone, due to no more plate. Wonder if this could be a problem aligning the wheel? Could always do the ol school method of aligning the sprockets by eye, I guess.

G-Man

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 06-09-2001).]

That looks like a well engineered system. For a pro, they would be a good investment....I suppose. For an old slow cautious geezer like me who only does MX, they aren't going to help. Although....since I DO have a spare set of wheels, they might come in handy if I were to shod the other wheels with mud tires and need to change tire types at the track. Hmmmmm...

G-Man: I believe I can see the alignment index marks on those blocks. Look at the drak recessed area just about the axle. I can see the red block with little white or silver marks in there.

Yeah I agree that it is probably overkill but reading the site says that the biggest benefit I see from it is that it keeps the adjuster bolts/nuts from freezing. Which I(knocks on wood) have had the joy to experience but probably someday will. LOL(nature has a way of helping the odds out)

Here is a better pics of the blocks themselves with the whole kit.

chain_adjuster_block_kit.jpg

------------------

Scott #410

Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"

'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)

'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR

"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"

"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Pics