HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2010fitkid

gas tank help yzf426

10 posts in this topic

Google Clarke fuel tanks. They had replacement tanks at one time. Otherwise, there's the TT classifieds, eBay, and Craiglist.

If you want a slightly larger tank than the stock yz426 tank you could look into a wr426 tank. You'd have to check wikipedia to be 100% sure on the fuel capacity, but I think the yz hols 2.1 gallon, and the wr holds about 3.2 gallons, so that's a nice bump up for a factory part that looks just about the same.

Actually, the WR tank is a bad idea. Lots wider the the IMS tank and longer front to rear. You would also need to upgrade to a shorter (front to rear) WR seat. It's like riding a giant beach ball.

As Gray stated, search classifieds or Ebay. FWIW, 98-02 250F, 400F, 426F tanks are interchangable. Part numbers varied a bit year to year, mostly due to changes in construction technique at Yamaha.

01-02 Yz250f tank fits the 426. The body style was exactly the same from 00-02 for the 426 and 250f.

Actually, the WR tank is a bad idea. Lots wider the the IMS tank and longer front to rear. You would also need to upgrade to a shorter (front to rear) WR seat. It's like riding a giant beach ball.

Is there as much of a difference between the 03-05 yz450 and wr450 tanks? I know the wr450 tank is about half a gallon smaller than the wr426 tank. Do those newer models have different seats and all of that business as well?

Also, the tank/seat/shroud combo from either the '03-'05 YZF or '03-'06 WRF will not bolt onto a 426/400 without considerable work and fabrication of mounts.

do they sell graphic kits that look good on the ims tank i guess i could sacrifice the look for the huge tank. the extra fuel is nice when im out on the trails