HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Randal McSandal

Dialing in suspension 06 yz450f

3 posts in this topic

It's time for a little bike maintenance.. I'm going to need to get my fork seals done soon, but that's beside the point. I pushed my front forks about 5-6mm up into the clamps and tightened them down, I also set all my suspension settings back to factory original, (only a couple were changed slightly.)

I'd like to set the bike up the best way possible on the stock suspension, I'm 6'3" tall, 175 lbs. in street clothes. Right now I feel like the sag is very low but I'll be adjusting that tomorrow to whatever is recommended.. I ride on MX tracks, no trail riding at all..

Any help with what to set each component to will be greatly appreciated! :eek:

It's time for a little bike maintenance.. I'm going to need to get my fork seals done soon, but that's beside the point. I pushed my front forks about 5-6mm up into the clamps and tightened them down, I also set all my suspension settings back to factory original, (only a couple were changed slightly.)

I'd like to set the bike up the best way possible on the stock suspension, I'm 6'3" tall, 175 lbs. in street clothes. Right now I feel like the sag is very low but I'll be adjusting that tomorrow to whatever is recommended.. I ride on MX tracks, no trail riding at all..

Any help with what to set each component to will be greatly appreciated! :eek:

I am about the same weight as you, just a bit shorter and ride MX as well.

My settings:

Front:

- Compression - 11

- Rebound - 9

Rear:

- Compression - 8

- Rebound - 8

- High Speed Compression - 1.5 turns out

That's pretty much factory except for the front rebound (factory is 7) and I am liking it very much.