Dialing in suspension 06 yz450f

It's time for a little bike maintenance.. I'm going to need to get my fork seals done soon, but that's beside the point. I pushed my front forks about 5-6mm up into the clamps and tightened them down, I also set all my suspension settings back to factory original, (only a couple were changed slightly.)

I'd like to set the bike up the best way possible on the stock suspension, I'm 6'3" tall, 175 lbs. in street clothes. Right now I feel like the sag is very low but I'll be adjusting that tomorrow to whatever is recommended.. I ride on MX tracks, no trail riding at all..

Any help with what to set each component to will be greatly appreciated! :eek:

It's time for a little bike maintenance.. I'm going to need to get my fork seals done soon, but that's beside the point. I pushed my front forks about 5-6mm up into the clamps and tightened them down, I also set all my suspension settings back to factory original, (only a couple were changed slightly.)

I'd like to set the bike up the best way possible on the stock suspension, I'm 6'3" tall, 175 lbs. in street clothes. Right now I feel like the sag is very low but I'll be adjusting that tomorrow to whatever is recommended.. I ride on MX tracks, no trail riding at all..

Any help with what to set each component to will be greatly appreciated! :eek:

I am about the same weight as you, just a bit shorter and ride MX as well.

My settings:

Front:

- Compression - 11

- Rebound - 9

Rear:

- Compression - 8

- Rebound - 8

- High Speed Compression - 1.5 turns out

That's pretty much factory except for the front rebound (factory is 7) and I am liking it very much.