HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deadend

Radiator Guards? 1998 YZ400F

4 posts in this topic

Heya, friend just mashed a radiator on a stump when he lost footing during a stop and just layed over. Real dumb reason to call it a day.

I was looking online a little and the only option I found for my bike is just a debris cover (replaces the plastic slots where the airflow hits the rad )

anything a little more beefy out there that will fit this old dinosaur that refuses to break ?

thanks in advance

I've had Flatlands guards on two different bikes with no issues, though they were tested numerous times -> http://www.flatlandracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FR&Product_Code=12-04&Category_Code=12-yam

those might work .

But theres a coverage discrepancy :

12-06,7,8.jpg

The butt of the rad, right at the bottom w/ the tube, is where my riding buddy's was mashed in. Ideally id like that protected as well

Flatland do make a set for the YZ400, I have some for my bike. Check the TT store.

Also I think Devol make guards to fit a 400 however IMHO the Flatland guards are far superior.