HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strtdsmallproject

information starter

2 posts in this topic

Im getting the bike ready for the new fall hare scramble year. I have seen a bunch of questions on this issue. I had starter issues the end of the year last year and have given up on electric start. I burned up the starter on a muddy race with a hot engine that didnt want to start . I burned up the brushes and heated the springs. the springs were about a quarter of the length. I replaced the springs and brushes and now everything is great. It was an easy job and took about 2 hrs.

I forgot to add that if you dont mark the housing like the manual tells you your starter may go backwards. I had to rotate the outer housing of the starter and mark where the starter went clockwise and counter clockwise. I clocked the housing so it was in the middle of my clockwise markings and works right now.