just informational leaking float needle

I had the same problem as others on this site lately. I had a leaking float needle. My carb would overflow slowly and on rough fast races i would run out of gas. before i tore apart the carb for the 3rd time to adjust the float i went ahead and bought a new needle. While i had the carb apart i tried to pull the seat out. It didnt happen. i drilled some small holes into the outside of the seat and tried to pry it up. I couldnt get it to budge. I gave up and just replaced the needle, gave the carb a good cleaning and put it back together. No leaking problem as of now. Only gave it a quick run at the house track. Im going to give it a good test this weekend at the Craig Morgan Charity ride.:eek:

I had the same problem as others on this site lately. I had a leaking float needle. My carb would overflow slowly and on rough fast races i would run out of gas. before i tore apart the carb for the 3rd time to adjust the float i went ahead and bought a new needle. While i had the carb apart i tried to pull the seat out. It didnt happen. i drilled some small holes into the outside of the seat and tried to pry it up. I couldnt get it to budge. I gave up and just replaced the needle, gave the carb a good cleaning and put it back together. No leaking problem as of now. Only gave it a quick run at the house track. Im going to give it a good test this weekend at the Craig Morgan Charity ride.:eek:

The seat comes out if you use a slide hammer.