Seat question...

I just "upgraded" from a dirt-only 1991 Suzuki DR350 to a 2000 WR400 and absolutely love the ridiculous throttle response compared with my "easy going" DR350.

However, the seat on the WR400 is about as pleasant as my yearly trip to the dentist. Anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket replacement seats or foam? Thanks!

Believe it or not your tail will eventually adjust. Just takes some ride time. :)

I think the seat on my 450 is more comfortable than my XR600 was. the 600's seat was to soft , and you sank in to much , making it hard to move around.

Thanks for the help! I hope that my rear callouses, but in the mean time, new seat foam may be the ticket.

Believe it or not your tail will eventually adjust. Just takes some ride time. :D

I'm not too sure about that! I put on 140 miles Saturday and (without going into details) I had some serious monkey butt!! My 02 WR426 seat never bothered me but this WR450 seat does. The Guts seat will be my next upgrade. :)

That's a link that needs to come with a warning! :)

That's a link that needs to come with a warning! :D

:D No kidding....that's just not right!! :D:)

Rich Baker

Believe it or not your tail will eventually adjust. Just takes some ride time

This is true for me also.... When I first got my bike I thought, you've got to be kidding me... Now I don't even notice... I had a Gutsracing seat that I've used for long distance races, they are very comfortable!! Do yourself a favor and ride your bike for a while to see if it gets better....

Dan

That's a link that needs to come with a warning!

I totally agree! :)

Stand up more :)

Take a look at the SDG seats. They come complete with a "gripper" seat cover already installed. I've had good luck with those things. :)

Not so much for softness but the gripper I like. Went to SDG and they don't list a seat for the WR?