tranny fluid change on a 426

hi guys sorry if im posting in the wrong section but im trying to finish up a service for a friend and im a honda owner . he took the magneto cover off and drained all the tranny fluid and wants me to put new fluid in . i told him theres gotta be a drain plug and fill plug but i cant find it and i also dont know how much to put in . thanks Ricky

hi guys sorry if im posting in the wrong section but im trying to finish up a service for a friend and im a honda owner . he took the magneto cover off and drained all the tranny fluid and wants me to put new fluid in . i told him theres gotta be a drain plug and fill plug but i cant find it and i also dont know how much to put in . thanks Ricky

You guys might be better off taking the bike to a mechanic.:smirk::bonk:

Oh well....the same oil that lubes the engine also lubes the trans. The bike does not have separate lubrication systems/oils. There are two drain plugs - one under the engine and one at the bottom of the front down tube of the frame (oil is stored in the frame). The oil filler cap is in between the steering head and the front of the gas tank. Use approximately 1.6 liters of m/c specific oil (NOT tranny fluid).

You guys might be better off taking the bike to a mechanic.:smirk::bonk:

Oh well....the same oil that lubes the engine also lubes the trans. The bike does not have separate lubrication systems/oils. There are two drain plugs - one under the engine and one at the bottom of the front down tube of the frame (oil is stored in the frame). The oil filler cap is in between the steering head and the front of the gas tank. Use approximately 1.6 liters of m/c specific oil (NOT tranny fluid).

....and clean the two oil screens, or you will have troubles, as it sounds like they have never been serviced before.

There is one on the downtube oil line, and one under the case (clutch side??).

After you put the new oil in do NOT start it with the dip-stick out. I made that mistake once.........