WR400 3rd gear !!!!

just wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with my bike, i was riding along in 2nd gear and changed into 3rd. SLAP SLAP SLAP, i thought my chain was jumping aound on the sprockets, not the case. I selected a higher gear (4th and 5th) and put the bike under load and it was fine!! I think i have stripped 3rd gear out, it definaly feels, looks and sounds like it?? any suggestions??? also bike has only done 4.500 k's.... :D :D :D:):D :D :D :D

Check the oil filter

Have someone knowledgeable look at it

Shifter fork ?????

Checked the oil filter, there are fine bits of metal in there...(to many fine bits of metal(, let the oil settle over night too and there are minute bits of metal sitting on the bottom of the container. :D

Keeping in mind that i only baught the bike 2 months ago and have only been for about 10 rides on it, do you guys think i should take it back to the dealer, (he should fix it with a bit of discount,good bloke) and get him to minus the repair cost of another bike?? I do not believe that this bike will be healthy in the long run with all those fine bits of metal (the ones that penetrate the oil filter) floating around inside! :D :D :D:):D