HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Hopper Show

need a header

6 posts in this topic

got a big 'o dent in my stock header on my 2005 wr450. suggestions on replacement? stock is fine with me too. anyone have a nice unmolested '05 header laying around?

got a big 'o dent in my stock header on my 2005 wr450. suggestions on replacement? stock is fine with me too. anyone have a nice unmolested '05 header laying around?

Put a rubber cork in each end of the header, after filling it to the brim with water, and duct tape the corks in place. Put it in the frezeer for a few days.

Most dents pop out, if not badly creased.

A YFZ450 header is the same, but made from stainless steel instead of titanium. Cheaper and more durable, just search ebay.

Put a rubber cork in each end of the header, after filling it to the brim with water, and duct tape the corks in place. Put it in the frezeer for a few days.

Most dents pop out, if not badly creased.

^^ if it doesnt clear the dents the first time, it will the 2nd

i didnt use corks, just filled it and set it in freezer as needed so it didnt tip, and it worked fantastically.

Of course, the above-mentioned freezing methods work really well, except if it's bent right at the flange :smirk:

And by YZF header BG10459 means the head pipe from the quad. Its not Ti like your stocker but it fits right on.

_