need a header

got a big 'o dent in my stock header on my 2005 wr450. suggestions on replacement? stock is fine with me too. anyone have a nice unmolested '05 header laying around?

got a big 'o dent in my stock header on my 2005 wr450. suggestions on replacement? stock is fine with me too. anyone have a nice unmolested '05 header laying around?

Put a rubber cork in each end of the header, after filling it to the brim with water, and duct tape the corks in place. Put it in the frezeer for a few days.

Most dents pop out, if not badly creased.

A YFZ450 header is the same, but made from stainless steel instead of titanium. Cheaper and more durable, just search ebay.

Put a rubber cork in each end of the header, after filling it to the brim with water, and duct tape the corks in place. Put it in the frezeer for a few days.

Most dents pop out, if not badly creased.

^^ if it doesnt clear the dents the first time, it will the 2nd

i didnt use corks, just filled it and set it in freezer as needed so it didnt tip, and it worked fantastically.

Of course, the above-mentioned freezing methods work really well, except if it's bent right at the flange :smirk:

And by YZF header BG10459 means the head pipe from the quad. Its not Ti like your stocker but it fits right on.

_