Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
verge

2001 Pro Circuit T-4 pipe

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone used a Pro Circuit T-4 pipe on a 2001 426 yet? I'm wondering how much difference changing the exhaust tip size, makes. They come with a 2" so I'm assuming by putting a smaller one on that you would increase the bottom end power. Also what's the power like Vs. the stock pipe? Idealy I want more bottom & mid without giving up much on top end.

I use one Complete system(pipe/header)& I like the performance gains. You will lose a little on top, but the bottom & middle ranges are awesome. I purchased both of the smaller end caps for my own tuning taste. The 2inch is worthless on anything other than flat out desert racing. If you shop smart you can find this for aroung 350-375bucks + the end caps. Another reason I bought due to cost, this is cheaper than most 4stroke pipes. Check with Westwood for 369.00 (Yes this pipe is a little loud, but where I ride noize is not issue & everyone heres me coming & going)there is a spark arrester if you want it.

Thanks for the advise. Did you have to re-jet after putting the pipe on? Does the spark arrestor screen effect the power at all?

Originally posted by Ga426owner:

I use one Complete system(pipe/header)& I like the performance gains. You will lose a little on top, but the bottom & middle ranges are awesome. I purchased both of the smaller end caps for my own tuning taste. The 2inch is worthless on anything other than flat out desert racing. If you shop smart you can find this for aroung 350-375bucks + the end caps. Another reason I bought due to cost, this is cheaper than most 4stroke pipes. Check with Westwood for 369.00 (Yes this pipe is a little loud, but where I ride noize is not issue & everyone heres me coming & going)there is a spark arrester if you want it.

No jetting needed......I do not have the spark arrester - this is used as a Moto Bike only.

I like the performance, cost, tapered headpipe, end cap tuning.

A few of us with 4strokes use the PC pipe in this area with positive results.