Chinese made header pipe

Has anybody purchased the chinese made header pipe on ebay if so how was the fit and finish ,durability and metal thickness thx

You will get what you pay for, have no re-course if defective, wait 4 weeks to get it, and have no one to call for customer support.

" The sweet taste of a abnormally low price is always off set by the bitter taste of poor quality and no service"

You will get what you pay for, have no re-course if defective, wait 4 weeks to get it, and have no one to call for customer support.

" The sweet taste of a abnormally low price is always off set by the bitter taste of poor quality and no service"

So are you going by firsthand knowledge or just acting like ass based on a thought? From the amount of times you seem to buy and sell bikes and are always modding them I'm assuming not. OP asked if anyone who bought one could offer their experience not some rant about Chinese vs. US built bike parts offering nothing as far as actual help. The last few times I bought an American made product and called for support of it, I got shit for service. And the cheap Chinese bodywork I bought for my CBR1000RR I also got no real support for either when the lowers started melting: but it fits, looks good from 5 feet away and was cheaper than one OEM side panel for the whole entire bike kit. And I came from China in less than 1 week, OEM takes almost 2.

OP, From what others have said about the cheap radiators and headers, they are workable but not perfect for the most part. Do a search as I seem to remember a couple people buying them in the past. You do get what you pay for, but it sounded like a cheap alternative.

Sorry, this arrogant attitude shit real grinds me with nothing to back it up; hopefully someone with actual firsthand experience will chime in as well.

Edited by miweber929

I bought the chinese radiators and received them with in one week of ordering. They appeared to be better built than my stock ones. Held more coolant and fit fine. Cured my overheating issue without having to add a cooling fan. If the chinese header pipe is half as good I say go for it. Oh did I mention they were about one third the price also.

So are you going by firsthand knowledge or just acting like ass based on a thought? From the amount of times you seem to buy and sell bikes and are always modding them I'm assuming not. OP asked if anyone who bought one could offer their experience not some rant about Chinese vs. US built bike parts offering nothing as far as actual help. The last few times I bought an American made product and called for support of it, I got shit for service. And the cheap Chinese bodywork I bought for my CBR1000RR I also got no real support for either when the lowers started melting: but it fits, looks good from 5 feet away and was cheaper than one OEM side panel for the whole entire bike kit. And I came from China in less than 1 week, OEM takes almost 2.

OP, From what others have said about the cheap radiators and headers, they are workable but not perfect for the most part. Do a search as I seem to remember a couple people buying them in the past. You do get what you pay for, but it sounded like a cheap alternative.

Sorry, this arrogant attitude shit real grinds me with nothing to back it up; hopefully someone with actual firsthand experience will chime in as well.

You should re-read your post and decide exactly who is arrogant.

You provided no help or advice, just whining.

You are obviously upset about something, but I resent the attack.

The fact that I have owned 31 different motorcycles in my lifetime is irrelevant.

The fact that I have done all my own work on all but 4 of them, is.

The fact that I have tried direct from China brake pads, handle bars, tires, tubes, pistons, rings, clutch plates,

seat covers, sprockets, etc, etc, makes me AN EXPERT ON THE SUBJECT.

My intent was to warn about Chinese business practices, nothing more.

I believe I was very clear.

I have direct experience with the Chinese Manufacturing / Business practices / Cultural Mores, etc.

IN MOST CASES buying direct from China gets you a lower price. But higher everything else.

Crap is crap, no matter what it costs.

If the product he was referring good quality, then great.

But we received no information on just what product it was.

There was no bike model, year, product link, picture, brand, or model listed in the post.

How can he expect any real help or answers?

Since it was stated as being 'Chinese' I could only assume he meant built, and shipped, from China, not a subcontractor for a major manufacturer.

All the Japanese brands use China for a large portion of there manufacturing, but then it's branded, and supported.

I wholeheartedly DO NOT SUPPORT purchasing anything directly from China.

It is bad for the consumer, bad for American business. Doing so supports a country that is #1 in water, air, and soil pollution, #1 in patent infringements, #1 in avoiding prosecution. #1 in lying to the American consumer, #1 in revolving door businesses to avoid liability.

If the poster really wanted help, he would have provided the necessary information

Edited by Krannie

I would never buy chinese knock offs for inside my engine these parts are just a little too critical to the health of the engine. for these items I would only use parts manufacturers who have been around and have a good track record. For the outside parts- pipes, rads etc. chinese appears the way to go.

No offense but from a Canadian view point you guys have a lot more issues you need to deal with(starting from the top down) ruining your economy than chinese knock off motorcycle parts.

Has anybody purchased the chinese made header pipe on ebay if so how was the fit and finish ,durability and metal thickness thx

In my experience the words "China", "Fit & Finish" and "Durability" do not belong together. If I needed a new head pipe for my bike and was looking to save a few bucks I would look for a good used OEM on ebay or save up and go with a trusted aftermarket pipe. Sometimes its just not worth the trouble to go the cheap route because most of the time you end up replacing it soon after and it ends up costing even more.

Edited by dustdogg

You should re-read your post and decide exactly who is arrogant.

You provided no help or advice, just whining.

You are obviously upset about something, but I resent the attack.

The fact that I have owned 31 different motorcycles in my lifetime is irrelevant.

The fact that I have done all my own work on all but 4 of them, is.

The fact that I have tried direct from China brake pads, handle bars, tires, tubes, pistons, rings, clutch plates,

seat covers, sprockets, etc, etc, makes me AN EXPERT ON THE SUBJECT.

My intent was to warn about Chinese business practices, nothing more.

I believe I was very clear.

I have direct experience with the Chinese Manufacturing / Business practices / Cultural Mores, etc.

IN MOST CASES buying direct from China gets you a lower price. But higher everything else.

Crap is crap, no matter what it costs.

If the product he was referring good quality, then great.

But we received no information on just what product it was.

There was no bike model, year, product link, picture, brand, or model listed in the post.

How can he expect any real help or answers?

Since it was stated as being 'Chinese' I could only assume he meant built, and shipped, from China, not a subcontractor for a major manufacturer.

All the Japanese brands use China for a large portion of there manufacturing, but then it's branded, and supported.

It is bad for the consumer, bad for American business. Doing so supports a country that is #1 in water, air, and soil pollution, #1 in patent infringements, #1 in avoiding prosecution. #1 in lying to the American consumer, #1 in revolving door businesses to avoid liability.

If the poster really wanted help, he would have provided the necessary information

Re-read my post, it specifically states to search a bit as other have bought the product and had various luck with them. That was far more than the China is crap stuff you spouted.

I'm not trying to start a pissing match with you, but obviously you have had bad luck with China made products and made a direct statement that US products will be supported. This is simply not a good, true blanket statement. I gave an example of a Chinese made product I bought and described my experience which was not bad at all.

You obviously have money to spend on toys and parts, your threads on suspension mods shows you spending more money on fork rebuilds of bikes you dont even seem to like than I paid for my 04, I'd think. Not all of us have the money to buy the best. And if I can get a somewhat comparable item at Walmart, Harbor Freight or something made in China that allows me to enjoy my life and hobbies, by all means I'm going to do it until I can afford the "real" thing. The "good used" fairing lowers I bought off eBay ended up arriving smashed, cracked and unusable, and I spent over a month tryi g to get my money back which I never did get it all. China replacements? Not perfect but completely useable for half price. Just saying.

YMMV, however.

Mike

So its OK for the US Company to go to China but not the consumer? If I can cut out the middle man and save why not? The logic doesnt make sense...

I have a Chinese header pipe on mine. Since it is made of steel instead of titanium it a bit heavier (812g, oem is about 407g). When I first mounted it, I had some problems with the connections to the muffler. It was a tight fit. But I have removed it a couple of times since then and have not had any problems lately. I blame my initial problems on bad technique. The nuts for the "heat shield" wasn't welded to the pipe though, but used some clips with a nut in them.

Overall I have nothing to complain about. Fast shipping (to Sweden) and a lot cheaper. And since it is made from steel it can probably take more abuse too.

So its OK for the US Company to go to China but not the consumer? If I can cut out the middle man and save why not? The logic doesnt make sense...

No problem just keep buying whatever is the cheapest. Besides it isn't like American companies are hurting and we have sky rocketing unemployment or anything.

No problem just keep buying whatever is the cheapest. Besides it isn't like American companies are hurting and we have sky rocketing unemployment or anything.

You still havent answered my question. Why is it ok for the business (small or large) but not the consumer? Where is the line in the sand, the standard...

At what point does the US business start looking to help keep products in the USA etc and not go to China.

Edited by 123BigcoopDawg576
Spelling~!

You still havent answered my question. Why is it ok for the business (small or large) but not the consumer? Where is the line in the sand, the standard...

At what point does the US business start looking looking to help keep products in the us etc and not go to China.

When there is increased demand for US made products the manufacturers will be motivated to not go off shore. There is a floor mat company for autos that has stopped producing outside the US.

We didn't get here over night so we won't change things over night but at least when I buy US made products I feel like I am part of the solution not part of the problem.

It only takes a second to compare products when we are shopping. I have found more than once US made products are cheaper but even if they are slightly more I will pay the difference.

When there is increased demand for US made products the manufacturers will be motivated to not go off shore. There is a floor mat company for autos that has stopped producing outside the US.

We didn't get here over night so we won't change things over night but at least when I buy US made products I feel like I am part of the solution not part of the problem.

It only takes a second to compare products when we are shopping. I have found more than once US made products are cheaper but even if they are slightly more I will pay the difference.

Thanks for the response (I fully agree with you BTW) ! ?

I also agree, however, fortunately or unfortunately living north of the border the difference in prices for us are obscene. If I was independently wealthy I might not care about the price but I am not and it is hard to figure out how goverments can mismanage billions or trillions of tax dollars so badly and get away with it.

The biggest problem with the "buy American" theory is lack of 3 things:

1. Actual US made products using US made goods.

2. Quality US made products

3. Affordable US made products

I try to do what I can, but honestly it's a loosing battle. What's 100% American anymore? One of the biggest USA flag flying companies many years ago was re-tooling EVERYTHING in their manufacturing plants to become a quality driven company again. They had the opportunity to by welders and equipment from Miller Electric, at the time still a family run company based out of their home state of Wisconsin and instead went with an offshore brand. And they run Japanese electronics in their bikes as well.

I'm going to be fairly unpopular saying this and I mean no offense but until American workers are willing to get paid a wage comparable to the job they are doing, offshore stuff will always be cheaper. Not saying sweatshop wages, but true wages. A lot of unskilled manufacturing jobs are overpaid in my experience.

Some people are on a tight budget and have to save money where ever they can. So they buy some chink parts.

Everyone knows chinese made products are garbage.

Me personally I buy American whenever possible even if it's more money. I just bought a new US made Whirpool fridge.