HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mat

hey g-man

3 posts in this topic

i saw on your profile that u live in AZ. Iwas wondering if u race or ride desert as well as motorcross, cause im trying to find a suitable gearing medium to race both.(curently have 14 47 but want a tad more bottom)

Matt,

I ride mostly moto and went up one tooth in the rear. Seemed to help coming out of corners.

For off-road I would probably just change the C/S sprocket, as it's easier to change.

If your a serious desert racer then go up two teeth on the C/S and down 4 in the rear but you better hang on for your life!

Personally I don't like to go that fast off-road because obstacles come up REAL QUICK and the price uou pay at speed is considerable. I geared my CR250 up two teeth on the C/S for the Elsinore GP and could not believe how fast it went. On the asphalt it seemed like 85-90 mph. It had plenty on the bottom, so I would think the 426 would have no problem.

Here's a pic from that race, blasting down Main St. setting up for the chicane. If anyone ever gets a chance to do the Elsinore GP, DO IT! Big time fun, going from the dirt to pavement! :)

Elsinore_99_street.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/gmann_3000/Elsinore_99_street.JPG

G-Man

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 06-06-2001).]