Best possible forks

Im with Manica,I run 87cr500 forks on my 07 450.There are no usd forks that ride like mine.There is no flex on usd forks thats what he is talking about.You cant take the jackhammer out of usd forks.Dont knock them if you dont know.It is not all in the damping.

That's the funniest thing I've read all week.

I just dropped the forks off at Agent Smith racing, to have the springs and oil changed, and to take a look at what ESP did in there.

Results? How do they work now?

Results? How do they work now?

They are better. They are not good enough. Still wallows, still bottoms, still has deadly mid-stroke harness and deflection. If I did not have my Scotts on there, I'd be dead right now.......

AS Racing will have a new 'Suspension Tuning' announcement next week...

Marzocchi 50mm ... have a set on my gg.. they are awesome.. zero deflection..

matched with an ohlins rear, it is sweet..

you could get an ohlins insert for about a grand....

Marzocchi 50mm ... have a set on my gg.. they are awesome.. zero deflection..

matched with an ohlins rear, it is sweet..

you could get an ohlins insert for about a grand....

Yeah, not going there. Whole new can of worms.

This is where the forks are going.....only locally....

http://www.pro-action.com/

Yeah, not going there. Whole new can of worms.

This is where the forks are going.....only locally....

http://www.pro-action.com/

looks interesting... ltr(http://www.lt-racing.com) did the susp on the gg(for the guy i bought it from) and it is as close to perfect as anything i have been on.. we are about the same weight and i have not touched them.. he is ALOT faster than me, but this set up is very good..:)

the ohlins are just way out of reach.. post up results..

jay

looks interesting... ltr(http://www.lt-racing.com) did the susp on the gg(for the guy i bought it from) and it is as close to perfect as anything i have been on.. we are about the same weight and i have not touched them.. he is ALOT faster than me, but this set up is very good..:)

the ohlins are just way out of reach.. post up results..

jay

I will. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get back to working on that bike.....

Sunday, on the way to the ride....

IMG_0408.jpg

They are better. They are not good enough. Still wallows, still bottoms, still has deadly mid-stroke harness and deflection. If I did not have my Scotts on there, I'd be dead right now.......

AS Racing will have a new 'Suspension Tuning' announcement next week...

Bill, I have paid fortunes to different tuners over the years. For some reason, they like a softer setup for the desert. I am ok with that, mostly. But it does include some wallowing and bottoming. Various tuners think its ok to bottom.

I hate that pogo stick effect because it tends to throw me off balance. I suppose that I could start carrying the front wheel over g outs and other choppy stuff, but I don't always do that. I don't carry that much speed, nor do I want to.

I finally communicated that correctly and ESP has finally created me something that's good in the rocks and doesn't bottom hard in the whoops. I happen to think that the problem over the years has been that I have not understood enough to communicate with the tuner properly.

Is there no way that AS Racing could not have adjusted it further? Why change tuners?

Bill, I've had Pro-Action do my forks back in '98 on my YZ400F, and they did an incredible job. Let us know how they come out. Maniac

Bill, I have paid fortunes to different tuners over the years. For some reason, they like a softer setup for the desert. I am ok with that, mostly. But it does include some wallowing and bottoming. Various tuners think its ok to bottom.

I hate that pogo stick effect because it tends to throw me off balance. I suppose that I could start carrying the front wheel over g outs and other choppy stuff, but I don't always do that. I don't carry that much speed, nor do I want to.

I finally communicated that correctly and ESP has finally created me something that's good in the rocks and doesn't bottom hard in the whoops. I happen to think that the problem over the years has been that I have not understood enough to communicate with the tuner properly.

Is there no way that AS Racing could not have adjusted it further? Why change tuners?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeeU6f2U0HxdxicE_c1BeiADclNFekb3HzCY_1RVh2HEtrY6lg

(psssssst!.....I'm not changing Tuners......ASR will be a Satellite Pro-Action dealer starting next week.....you didn't hear it from me.....)

say no more... nudge nudge....

Yep, mine put me in the hospital when it deflected off of a rock, after revalving. I still can't get a feel for how to tune forks, but they don't bottom or feel like they are wallowing to me. But they really deflect in the rocks. I tried going out on the compression but then it seemed like it wouldnt follow the ground as well.

I have some sss forks off an 07yz waiting to get put on the WR or I would sell them to you...Will get them on in the next month or so before riding season starts up again. If I don't like them you can have em:thumbsup:

OK, I'm interested.

i god a pair of 07 yzf's ,too if you're interested

OK, I'm interested

Whoa, hold on there. I said I have to try them out first:thumbsup:. I have yet to get them bolted up. Work and all:banghead::)

Im with Manica,I run 87cr500 forks on my 07 450.There are no usd forks that ride like mine.There is no flex on usd forks thats what he is talking about.You cant take the jackhammer out of usd forks.Dont knock them if you dont know.It is not all in the damping.

how did you work through the triple clamp issue?

I am getting the Pro-action treatment to the '07WR forks as we speak.

Well, the Pro action bottom valve was a pretty big improvement, but the mid stroke harshness at speed is still a real pain. Once I hit successive rocks/bumps, the forks just stop working very well, and throw me off my line.

Well, the Pro action bottom valve was a pretty big improvement, but the mid stroke harshness at speed is still a real pain. Once I hit successive rocks/bumps, the forks just stop working very well, and throw me off my line.

You have tried a lot of setups. Think it is time to try the YZ forks??

You have tried a lot of setups. Think it is time to try the YZ forks??

I'm constantly loosing the bids for them on ebay. I'm not paying $450.00 for a set of used forks............

I have tried SP, ESP, and ASR. The ESP was done by the previous owner.