Black wheels

Thanks, thats good news.

Both on my stockwheels and excel aftermarket wheels the paint scratch off were the rubber gets in contact with the rim. Just after a few rides. But I guess it's easy to just take a black pen and make it look better after washing the bike, if you like to.

Both on my stockwheels and excel aftermarket wheels the paint scratch off were the rubber gets in contact with the rim. Just after a few rides. But I guess it's easy to just take a black pen and make it look better after washing the bike, if you like to.

I didn't have that problem a much as others seem to. What tire pressure do you run?

I didn't have that problem a much as others seem to. What tire pressure do you run?

Sounds like you are running too much tire pressure. For dirt riding you are supposed to have 3-5mm of tire swipe on the rim, which will rub the colored anodize off of the rim around the edge pretty quickly.

Sounds like you are running too much tire pressure. For dirt riding you are supposed to have 3-5mm of tire swipe on the rim, which will rub the colored anodize off of the rim around the edge pretty quickly.

I run 11psi. Here's one of my previous bikes with about 60 hours on it, no sharpie touch-ups on the wheels at all:

IMG_3455.jpg

I used a black fat sharpie on my silver rims to make black. looks great!!

You're joking, right?

I run 11psi. Here's one of my previous bikes with about 60 hours on it, no sharpie touch-ups on the wheels at all:

IMG_3455.jpg

You're joking, right?

Sorry, but with 60 hours of riding time at 11psi you would have a silver stripe around the edge of the rim. It is called tire swipe and it is unavoidable. Tire engineers actually measure the width of the stripe left on the rim at different pressures to help determine what the optimal pressure for each tire is.

IMG_3455.jpg

You're joking, right?

i did the Marks A Lot sharpie on mine and it turned out quite well... sand wears it quick but you just redo it in 5min

PS: yes i know that bikes clapped out...lol.

HPIM0348.jpg

HPIM0352.jpg

Sorry, but with 60 hours of riding time at 11psi you would have a silver stripe around the edge of the rim. It is called tire swipe and it is unavoidable. Tire engineers actually measure the width of the stripe left on the rim at different pressures to help determine what the optimal pressure for each tire is.

Call me a liar if you want, but it's true. 60 hours. I run 11 psi front and rear.

Call me a liar if you want, but it's true. 60 hours. I run 11 psi front and rear.

I have 45+ hours on my bike, 11-13 psi, and nothing is rubbing off. Im on my second rear tire, whch is very worn and still have no silver around the rim, even after I changed the tire.

dirtbike10000.jpg

I have 45+ hours on my bike, 11-13 psi, and nothing is rubbing off. Im on my second rear tire, whch is very worn and still have no silver around the rim, even after I changed the tire.

Mine probably starts at 11psi cold, then raises to around 13psi while riding from thermal expansion. I don't go below 11 psi for fear of pinch flats-there are rocks where I ride.