Milky oil in airbox '08 WR450

I have an '08 WR450 and after being out riding all day, i noticed oil all over the swing arm and oil dripping out of the airbox. I was in a bunch of water but never drowned the bike or even close to it, just some soupy riding. Why would there be so much blowby coming back to the airbox. The oil level in the bike was way down too. I put the smog removal kit on a few weeks ago and haven't had any problems with it. I cleaned out the oil and pulled the air filter and ran the bike in my shop with the side panel open and more milky oil was spitting out. Anyone else have this problem? I'll clean the filter and take it out for a ride tonight and check it again.

Cheers!

Chris

I have an '08 WR450 and after being out riding all day, i noticed oil all over the swing arm and oil dripping out of the airbox. I was in a bunch of water but never drowned the bike or even close to it, just some soupy riding. Why would there be so much blowby coming back to the airbox. The oil level in the bike was way down too. I put the smog removal kit on a few weeks ago and haven't had any problems with it. I cleaned out the oil and pulled the air filter and ran the bike in my shop with the side panel open and more milky oil was spitting out. Anyone else have this problem? I'll clean the filter and take it out for a ride tonight and check it again.

Cheers!

Chris

If the discharge from the overflow is milky, it's not a problem. Condensation gets into the excess oil.

If it's milky in the motor, you've got a blow seal or head gasket.

If you check your oil level per the manual, you will prevent overfilling.

Don't guess.