HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Censorship

59 posts in this topic

Get your attention?

I will be the last person to support censorship, but There IS a difference between censorship and standing up for respecting the beliefs or non-beliefs of others on a PRIVATE message board!

Let's just say that I practice Budhism or Mormonism or Catholocism or American Indian or some Tribe in Africa or Athiest or New Science Church or Islamic or Hinduism or Jewish or Paganism or etc etc etc.......

KICKS................

Believe it or not we don't all worship much less worship the same GOD or GODS.

I live in a place that is DOMINATED by a certain religious group that controls every aspect of life in the WHOLE state. No seperation of CHURCH AND STATE.

I get so sick and tired of people pushing this crap on me. I believe what I believe in and I doubt if anyone could change my mind by going door to door and preaching to me or doing it on a MOTORCYCLE CHAT BOARD!!!!!!

I have seen this on many posts and frankly I am SICK AND TIRED OF SEEING IT!!!!!

I am not RIPPING on you or anyone else that does the religion thing but there is a time and a place for it!NOT HERE!

maybe here>>>>>>> http://chat.msn.com/find.msnw?cat=RL

or here.... http://chat.yahoo.com/c/roomlist.html?.rmcat=1600073831&.v=1600043463

or here...... http://www.resourcehelp.com/bib_chat.htm

or here...... http://www.spiritweb.org/Spirit/chat.html

BILL-----the MODERATOR

can we maybe censor the foul language AND the other stuff (religion) that is found offensive?

Afterall not all of us find the pitboard humor offensive but the religious stuff "IS"

and to others

the Pitboard is offensive but the religious stuff is NOT!

Either way the bottom line is that the pitboard is only offensive if you have an ounce of filthiness in your brain!

otherwise it should either humor you or not bother you! Maybe it may make you

HOT and BOTHERED!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I think most of us are just askin to have the religious stuff CHILLED OUT.

Don't take offense to this please, it is just that like I said I am subjected to this stuff EVERYDAY and am fed up to my gils with it.

$.02

G4

hope i didn't offend anyone but I am sure that a lot of Thumpers feel the same way but are afraid of speaking out about it.

------------------

NOPE..........BOY.......

That's not thunder ridin' your BUTT .........

It's a whole Damn HURRICANE!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by g4racing (edited 06-04-2001).]

Well it happened the oh so controverisal and evil post THAT I DID is gone!!!

jeeez some people here need to get a sense of humor... :)

G-Man

Hey G-man! I just tried to find your post about the perfect day and I can't find it? Was it removed? If so that is absolute bullshit!!! I can't think of anything that gets me more worked up than religion and censorship! I don't normally spread my beliefs to others but just to prove my point that everyone has different beliefs I will.

ORGANIZED RELIGION- Crap. an outlet for people who don't have anything else to hold on to.

GOD- Who knows. The only thing I know exists for sure is life. So lets celebrate it in it's many forms.

CENSORSHIP- Crap. Who's to say what's offensive. Not me, not you so save it!

PRAYERS- Don't waste them on me. I've got my own deal goin on and it doesn't involve you or your god.

SEX- Good.

BEER-Good.

DIRTBIKING- Excellent. The best!

Sorry to rant but just remember that while you find someone offensive, someone else finds you offensive too. You don't agree with me?? I don't give a crap! Let's hang out and drink beer anyway! or juice or whatever else it is that you drink. G-mans post was funny and I'm pissed that it's gone. I mean come on, a blowjob after a great ride? Tell me what's better than that??

Peace out. I must go pray to my rubber chicken. Bastards.

Amador,

Very well put!!!!

But, I have to admit you offended me because you didn't list sex, beer, and dirtbiking all at being AWESOME!!! Oh the hell with it - I am just kiddin!! To each his own!!!

Wow the post did disappear. One thing about this forum is, it isn't open. Someone does run it and it's up to that someone (moderator) to put allow what ever they want and not allow what ever they want. I disagree with this but I can't do anything about it since I don't run this forum. I also know that this is the best forum in my opinion so I'm not going to up and jump ship because the moderator deleted a thread. Sorry but DRN doesn't have nearly the info that interests me there as TT. If anyone wants to read what the original thread started as email me cause I got a copy of it since it was pretty funny. I changed the girls name to my liking though.

------------------

Khris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

What are you, YELLOW?

Man, this is just like an encounter group!

Sort of theraputic to get all these feelings out, eh guys! LOL. For about the third time I'll state again and echo most of your replys. The religious stuff is best left to other forums, I didn't see anything wrong with G-Man's censored post, and let's get back to discussing the big blue thumpers!!!

------------------

00 YZ426F

01 TT-R125L (my son's)

91 CR125

83 YZ490

74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

<font color="navy">Hell, I don't really care what anybody posts. If I don't like it, I'll ignore it. No big deal.

To everyone:

<h2>Do one thing for me; keep the throttle pinned! :)</h2>

I think if we all just do that, we'll be the happiest people alive. :D

------------------

~~~~~YaMaHaFoUrTwOsIx~~~~~

Sorry guys. Did I delete a HOT post? Yes. Why? Was it censorship? I don't think so.

It's only the second time I've EVER done so and I HATE doing it. Why did I do it? Because I've been getting a lot of emails asking me to do so.

I created this board to share information on dirt bikes and to have fun. Sure, I like a heated discussion. But obviously some were offended. So what else could I do? Tell those in the majority that were offended to pound sand and deal with it? Or just delete the post in hopes we can all get back to talking about dirt bikes.

Sorry if I've offended anyone. But I think I was caught in a no-win situation and dealt with it the best I could.

I'm also sorry I spend 150 bucks per month on space for this site and have folks blast me with emails complaining of censorship when I'm just trying to appease everybody. Maybe that's my problem?

My personal view? Here goes. I didn't read the entire post before deleting it. But I frankly found the picture of the guys wife amusing. However, I also have a 9 year old son that often takes his friends to ThumperTalk to show off his dad's creation. And I don't want him asking me those questions yet. I was hoping I had another few years before having to give that birds and bees lecture.

Cheers all,

Bryan...

F**K yea I'm pissed off :) because it's deleted, like Amador said what's better then a BJ after a Moto!!

The HolyRollers who like to preach and e-mailed to have it deleted should have stood up and asked it to be. Not run to Mommy, why not e-mail me, jeez I was the one who was just trying to loosen this crowd who sometimes I can't believe really ride/race dirtbikes.

Majority wanted it to be deleted, hmmmmmm makes me wonder..

Oh well I'm outa here for now, gotta go relieve some tension...

btw I DO appreciate this board and your effort, sorry for causing such a ruckus, had no idea of the Jerry Fahwell types out there.

G

[This message has been edited by G-Man (edited 06-04-2001).]

Ahhh, so you're the one that keeps this site going! Now I know who to complain to! :) I know for one that hey, it's your site, You gotta do what you gotta do.

------------------

Khris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

What are you, YELLOW?

Thanks teamtoxic. Good advice.

Ironically though, that was my dealerships advice towards dealing with jetting issues with the YZ and WR. 'If you keep throttle pinned, it runs just fine with that big ole pilot and main'.

And THAT'S why I started TTalk!

:)

Bryan...

kicks your 426

just because you don't approve of what others find hilarous, save that **** for the church at first I didn't mind but since they removed the post your a complete idiot. In every dirt magazine their's some honey showing off her bod on a bike. Get used to it or get out of it

I think 426 got stuck with a fat one and is making the rest of us pay for it bounce her on down the road and enjoy life.

Can't we all just get past this?

I remember when I had my first beer.

Let's chill before we loose our surrogate riding e-area.

Bryan: While I hate censorship and would not have deleted G-Mans post, this is YOUR site, and you have the right to do what you want with it. This site is not owned by the general public. You are the one paying the money for it, and putting the time in. I enjoy this site alot, and I hope it continues. Your point about your son is a good one. If the rest of us were kicking $$ in, it would be different (I am sure you have considered this, no?) We would and should have a say then. As it is, we are all a bunch of freeloaders, (including the censorship advocating emailers).

Do what you think is best, dont try to please YZ426kicks, G-Man, me or the emailers. I respect your decision and thank you for a great site, keep up the good work.

This IS a great site Bryan, thank you! Do what you consider best to keep it that way. I'll keep coming back.

------------------

00 YZ426F

01 TT-R125L (my son's)

91 CR125

83 YZ490

74 Hodaka Super Combat(gone but not forgotten!)

wow, this seems to be alittle out of hand. But I think that if we just ignore it , it will all go away. At least that is my philosophy.

Mr. Moderator, what was the other post that you deleted. Just curious!

But overall I agree with it being your board, do what you have to.. I am happy its here, it's probably the best non work related sight that I have stumbled across. I check in every day to see whats new.

What is kinda curious to me though, after reading the posts about everybody's age, I would have guessed that we were all old enough to stay out of situations like this.

wow, this seems to be alittle out of hand. But I think that if we just ignore it , it will all go away. At least that is my philosophy.

Mr. Moderator, what was the other post that you deleted. Just curious!

But overall I agree with it being your board, do what you have to.. I am happy its here, it's probably the best non work related sight that I have stumbled across. I check in every day to see whats new.

What is kinda curious to me though, after reading the posts about everybody's age, I would have guessed that we were all old enough to stay out of situations like this.

WOW

what a ruckus........

Bryan,

I think everyone on this site agrees that it is the best out there. We all apreciate your work and AWESOME website. THX AGAIN

But if I may ask a question?

WHY is it that a pix of something that a few find offensive and a lot find hillarious was removed but NUMEROUS religious statements are allowed to stay?

I don't mean that in a smart A. tone of voice but just concerned that one bad apple is spoiling the whole bunch and maybe religion is given a little biast here.

Just a Question.

$.02

G4

------------------

NOPE..........BOY.......

That's not thunder ridin' your BUTT .........

It's a whole Damn HURRICANE!!!!!!