HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magnetic

How long do you think this will take?

8 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if I have enough time to do the following this afternoon in order to ride tomorrow. I have descent shop and set of tools. Any ideas on how long to budge for these items?

1. Replace fork seals, springs, and oil.

2. Replace shock spring.

3. Replace seat foam and recover.

Bonus:

4. Remove string cheese and grease linkage and swingarm.

Thanks,

Magnetic

I'm wondering if I have enough time to do the following this afternoon in order to ride tomorrow. I have descent shop and set of tools. Any ideas on how long to budge for these items?

1. Replace fork seals, springs, and oil.

2. Replace shock spring.

3. Replace seat foam and recover.

4. Remove string cheese and grease linkage and swingarm.

All depends on your ability and if you've done it before. Having done all of the above, I could make it happen. However, as a neebie, I'd say not with out help...:smirk:

Don't do the shock WITHOUT doing your linkage. It only takes a few extra minutes.

Since you don't know how long these tasks would take you personally, I would say to not start anything, until you have lots of time.

Since you don't know how long these tasks would take you personally, I would say to not start anything, until you have lots of time.

:smirk::applause::p:applause::(:applause:

Excellent advise!

Thanks guys. I decided that I will spend tomorrow doing some maintenance and tinkering instead of rushing to finish a job. If I finish, I'll ride on Sunday afternoon, if not no big deal.