99 yz400f problems

I have owned a 99 yz400 for a few months now. I accidentally dropped it in a mud hole while riding. I made the mistake of running to get it to my truck to take it home. It ran perfect for several weeks, then... I noticed a rattling in the top end and it didn't want to stay at idle. I discovered there was water in the oil, so i flushed it several times with diesel fuel and oil. The majority of the water is gone, but the problem still exist. Any advice?

So you let oil mixed with a lot of water/silt sit in your bike for several weeks and rode it during that time? Only advice I have is to take it apart and see whats wrong. And get a manual if you dont have one.

thank you for your advice, but i was trying to get an idea what to check or possible problems to cause these issues. I guess I'll have to get the manual and check everything. I really just wanting to know if its carb related or if its something internal or what.

thank you for the advice, i just got the oil flushed and changed the filter, im gonna clean the carb and see what happens. I'm trying to avoid going in the bottom end. Everything in the top end seems good. Im hoping its just water and or dirt in the carb. Ill keep everyone posted.