Chain Question

Thanks guys I love this forum, I asked cause I thought I remembered my uncle telling me that you should only use a regular chain on bikes that came with regular chains, and only use o-ring chains on bikes that came with o-ring chains. I just put the regular chain on, ? I have to ride today, and tomorrow, and possibly the next three days after that.?

I have been riding for 30 plus years and rode tons of bikes with non o ring chains. I went with a non o ring chain because they were cheap, but there is a reason. I just pulled my old xl 600 out of the woods wed for a broke chain after having to leave it for three days. I have always wore chains out before breaking, but this was a first. We do have a lot of mud and water down here in the south so i should have known. I always kept my chain lubed. I will never go back with a non o ring cheapy again.

Thanks guys I love this forum, I asked cause I thought I remembered my uncle telling me that you should only use a regular chain on bikes that came with regular chains, and only use o-ring chains on bikes that came with o-ring chains. I just put the regular chain on, ? I have to ride today, and tomorrow, and possibly the next three days after that.?

If you have a bike that came with a non o-ring chain an o-ring chain may not fit in the chain slider. I have never seen this problem only heard from others. The wr should have come with an o-ring chain from the factory, I think so you should have no problems...