HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
williec

2010 yz450f oil change

10 posts in this topic

Ok I got a simple but retarted question. I changed my oil and it says it takes like 1.9 quarts. I change my filter and add one quart and it completly fills the sight glass. Is the manual wrong or is the sight glass just for looks. I assume 1 quart is not enough....but I know too much oils is a bad thing too.......what's up wit it!

Might catch some flames for saying retarded and spelling it wrong but, I also wondered about the manual for oil capacity. Not sure the the exact numbers. I'll look when I get home. I only have a quart in mine since the manual was too damn confusing

I just thought it about it in my head and now I get it! Weird, with the manual in front of me I couldn't make sense of it. Takes 1.06 without the oil filter and 1.27 with the filter change. I changed my filter and still only put 1in it cause it filled my viewer up.

... it says it takes like 1.9 quarts. ...
Please give me the page number where it says that.

Please give me the page number where it says that.

Thought about it some more, lol...the manual is still confusing!

On page 2-1 it says:

Oil capacity:

Engine oil:

Periodic oil change: 0.95L/1 US Quart

With oil filter replacement: 1L/1.06 US quart

Total amount: 1.2L/1.27 US quart

This is repeated on 3-10. I assume the confusing part is the "total amount". That is the oil you will need to fill the system after a complete engine rebuild. It indicates that there is 200cc of oil that will not drain during an oil change.

I still want to know where anyone sees 1.9 quarts.

Yes, gray that is where I was confused! Thanks, now back to the 1.9

Edited by CodyWayne718
droid

Ok I got a simple but retarted question. I changed my oil and it says it takes like 1.9 quarts. I change my filter and add one quart and it completly fills the sight glass. Is the manual wrong or is the sight glass just for looks. I assume 1 quart is not enough....but I know too much oils is a bad thing too.......what's up wit it!

The sight glass should be close to half way 3 minutes after the motor is turned off.can not tell you the page number but it tells the exact procedure.