HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pippen450

aftermarket flywheel

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have a question about flywheels specifically something lighter for my 04 wr450. Could of posted in the wr forum but I feel replies are slower (i think).

My question is, can I get aftermarket flywheels with wieght of my choice or can I not? If no, what do I have to do to lighten it or get a new one? I know I cant just throw on a yz flywheel but would it work putting on the base and flywheel? I think the base is pricey, just wondering if its worth the $. thank you.

Back in '00, I used a heavier WR flywheel on my YZF and liked it quite abit. So I see no reason why you couldn't use the YZF flywheel on the WR. You won't have a headlight, taillight or charging system though. Maniac

I dont have a headlight or tailight. swapped them for ufo fender and no. plate. It hasnt bothered me since It begins to get dark here in the summer at about 11 pm. My E start works unreliably now, so I dont think that would be a problem.

Not sure about your year, but some years are not interchagable between WR and YZ. Trailtech has a couple replacement flywheels, either -2 or +2 oz. You might also check Steahly Off Road.

I think they have different flywheels and the crank is slightly different between the yz and wr. I don't think one would bolt on to the other. I may be wrong.

You might have to look for some other mod to increase the revving of your engine. Try a new piston or cams.

Ive actually been looking at Trailtech flywheels. They have some that are either +2 oz for yz or -6oz for wrs. I am curious of the weight of a yz flywheel but I think the wrs is around 30 oz? Id just like to compare the 24oz Trailtech to the yz.