Question about oil grades and friction modifiers

This is a copy of a question I had in the TTR forum.

ONLY USE 20W-50 RED CAP. The other viscosities of Mobil 1 use friction modifiers.

I just put in the Mobil 1 red cap SAE 15W-50 and the back of the bottle says "API service SL/CF". Does this have the friction modifiers? How can you tell by looking at the bottle. The manual says not to use grade CD or higher, I assume then that the CF is not the appropriate oil. The bottle does not say "Energy conserving". If this is the wrong oil it looks like I may be changing the oil soon.

Thanks.

Pooley,

The Mobile 1 15-50 Red Cap is what you want to use. I have never seen the red cap in anythiny other than 15-50.

I figured I would post on the different boards just in case folks don't visit other forums. I would have provided a link to the original post but I don't have that much computer savvy.

I found this on the Mobil 1 website after posting.

"All viscosities of Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ exceed the latest API SL standards. In addition, three of the five Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ viscosities – 0W-30, 5W-30 and 10W-30 – also exceed ILSAC GF-3, and are certified as "Energy Conserving" motor oils."