CA Dual Sport question

I went to the local DMV yesterday to get a plate for my Green stickered 2007 WR450f. I had my forms completed along with a CHP VIN inspection and the dealer's light inspection and my insurance card. I was not sure if I should dual register it or just street register it. The gal at the counter did not have any advice so I went with just a street registration. My installed green sticker is good until next June. I had no issues and walked out with a plate. ? The reason being is my DRZ400S has just a street registration and no green sticker and I can go anywhere with no questions. It seems a plate supersedes a green sticker and this includes the CA OHV parks that I have been to. My question is what is the purpose or advantage of a dual registration? I support the CA OHV parks with green stickers on 4 other bikes so I feel I have done my part there.

Some will say that if you don't have a green sticker that you have to keep all the street stuff on it even when riding off road or in an OHV park. Can't say that I have ever had a problem but I have kept my green sticker as well.

I went to the local DMV yesterday to get a plate for my Green stickered 2007 WR450f. I had my forms completed along with a CHP VIN inspection and the dealer's light inspection and my insurance card. I was not sure if I should dual register it or just street register it. The gal at the counter did not have any advice so I went with just a street registration. My installed green sticker is good until next June. I had no issues and walked out with a plate. ? The reason being is my DRZ400S has just a street registration and no green sticker and I can go anywhere with no questions. It seems a plate supersedes a green sticker and this includes the CA OHV parks that I have been to. My question is what is the purpose or advantage of a dual registration? I support the CA OHV parks with green stickers on 4 other bikes so I feel I have done my part there.

The advantage of dual registrations is that having both allows you, at times, to remove the headlight, tail lights, signals and plate if you want to ride off road only. Without a green sticker, you must keep all of the stuff on at all times.

If you never plan to take any of the stuff off, then a plate only will be just fine..

If you cruise around town on monday and race on sunday, then get the dual registration.

Personally, I have both... not sure why I give the state my money though. I have the stock headlight, a busted tail light, no signals or anything like that. I do have my plate on the back though.

Never bothered by any law enforcement.

It also means that the mirrors, blinkers, and license plate have to be present at all times, too. ?

All are staying in place other than maybe the mirror. Should not be a problem. Nobody around here really cares about a mirror on a dirt bike if you are out in the forest and riding safely - Per every Sheriff I have talked to) as well as the rangers.