2010 YZ450F oil change procedure.

How the hell am I supposed to use my torque wrench to properly tighten the lower oil drain bolt? I mean seriously:banghead:? How do you guys do it? Sorry grayracer but there was no sticky on changing the oil on 2010+ YZ450's... :thumbsup:

Pretty much exactly the same as the '09 procedure, except there's no dip stick, the oil filter goes in backward, and both drain plugs are on the same side.

You pretty obviously can't use a torque wrench to do that bolt. Time to learn to be a mechanic.

Pretty much exactly the same as the '09 procedure, except there's no dip stick, the oil filter goes in backward, and both drain plugs are on the same side.

You pretty obviously can't use a torque wrench to do that bolt. Time to learn to be a mechanic.

Yup, no torque wrench you have to use the force, just firmly snug them down.

you can get an offset wrench or a crows foot for the torque wrench if you must. Snug should work.

They make this wrench that is about 3 inches long that you can attach a torque wrench to that works well. I have one but dont use it cause I dont really trust em on something like that.

I just finger tighten the bolt first then put a boxed end wrench on it and get it just snug (not really tight at all). It stays on and have had no problems with the bolt working out.

sweet, thanks for all the help everyone.

They make this wrench that is about 3 inches long that you can attach a torque wrench to that works well. I have one but dont use it cause I dont really trust em on something like that.

I just finger tighten the bolt first then put a boxed end wrench on it and get it just snug (not really tight at all). It stays on and have had no problems with the bolt working out.

Yeah, I dont trust a torque wrench with anything type of offset attachment either they are not meant or calibrated to have those attachemnts accuratly work on them. Would make me very nervous using them especialy on the case.

Yeah, I dont trust a torque wrench with anything type of offset attachment either they are not meant or calibrated to have those attachemnts accuratly work on them. Would make me very nervous using them especialy on the case.
The type of box end adapter for a torque wrench that consists of a box end wrench about 3-4" long with a square drive at one end is intended to be mounted on the wrench at right angles (90 degrees) to the wrench axis. If it is mounted that way, it requires no calculation to compensate for the length. Obviously, if mounted in line with the wrench shaft, the readings it produced would be inaccurate.

mine is a 2012 450f. what do you mean the filter goes in backwards? on my model, should the hole go towards the motor?

mine is a 2012 450f. what do you mean the filter goes in backwards? on my model, should the hole go towards the motor?

Yes. Should be the only way it will fit.