HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bykas

Loose flywheel, yz450

4 posts in this topic

Im replacing my cam chain for the 1st time on this bike, 06 yz450 cause it started to make a noise when reving up in the chain area. Bike still ran great, valves are in spec.....When I got to the flywheel gave it a little tug before putting on the puller and it slipped right off. Fits tight when all the way on, just slips on and off easy. Do I have a problem here??? Any help would be appreciated.

Just put the flywheel back on and tightened it up with Impact, now the puller is needed to take it off...Could it have loosened up, maybe the noise I was hearing???

Just put the flywheel back on and tightened it up with Impact, now the puller is needed to take it off...Could it have loosened up, maybe the noise I was hearing???

It's very possible. Did you inspect the mating surfaces? If they don't looked marred up you may have caught it before any real damage was done. As long as it fits tight and there is no play at all you're fine. I would put a drop of loc-tite on that nut.

Thats what I'm thinking. It was the last ride, just started hearing the noise, turned back to camp and shut her down. Hopefuly I got lucky....Surfaces look good, tightened it up with red thread lock.