HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quernix

Low footpegs on 2010/ 11 yzf? (non protaper)

11 posts in this topic

Is there a solution other than the pro taper pegs to lower the footpegs on the 2010/11 fs out there, yet?

Do the STR brackets of the -09 models fit?

Unfortunately they don't list the lowboy brackets for the 2010/11 models. Can I use the OEM brackets for the lowboy position?

I'm 99% sure that they will mount in the Lowboy position using the stock brackets. I will check this weekend (my dad has a pair on his 2010 YZ450F).

I just got an 11. You can cut the barrel off the bottom of the stock footpeg and move it to the top and it will lower it down and back about 1/2 In.

I just got an 11. You can cut the barrel off the bottom of the stock footpeg and move it to the top and it will lower it down and back about 1/2 In.

+2, Cut the stockers and put the barrel on the bottom it works and its free. The stock pegs on the 2010-12 are nice and wide so you don't get any advantage of buying an aftermarket wider lower peg, just a lighter wallet :thumbsup:

The stock pegs hit a stop on the bracket. Just cutting off the barrel would not work. One had to turn the brackets as well...don't think this will work.

The fastway pegs have an adjustable stop, do tehy?

attachment.php?attachmentid=39128&d=1309597611

Switched my brackets left to right on my '10, may have had to grind something or other (can't remember, it's been a year now) the result was positioning the pegs slightly farther back, and lower, works for me....

The stock pegs hit a stop on the bracket. Just cutting off the barrel would not work. One had to turn the brackets as well...don't think this will work.

The fastway pegs have an adjustable stop, do tehy?

attachment.php?attachmentid=39128&d=1309597611

It works, but you might have to grind the stop like said above. My buddy did it and it worked great I will ask him what he had to do.

yep,i checked the bracket and it'll work. Looks the same as the older ones.