HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
clutchkowalski

Will yz426f radiators fit yz400f?

5 posts in this topic

I am wondering if the yz426f radiators are a bolt in on a yz400f. I am told the 426 has slightly bigger radiators than the 400 and I would like the additional cooling. I don't want to have to rebuild the whole bike to do it however. Aftermarket tusk rads are available, but only listed for the 426. If they would work, I think it would be worth a shot. Thanks in advance!

Years ago I used a radiator from 2001 yz426 on my 98 WR400 and it bolted right up. Don't know for sure if yours will or not but I would lean toward yes.

Thanks for the info. I guess I will maybe give it a try. I really would like to gain some additional cooling as I do a lot of slow technical moving when out hill climbing and it likes to get pretty warm.

I don't know for sure but WR400/426 radiators are probably bigger and may help more.

I just fitted Fluidyne 426 radiators to my 400. They bolt straight in, the shrouds need to changed however to 426 shrouds because the 426 radiators have a different mounting point.

Yes the 426 radiators are larger, they are wider by a core.

For the Fluidyne radiators, the top hose is a smaller diameter than the standard 400 hose, so this needs to be changed.