2012 wr450

Noooo Thank You!!! And I'll tell you why.

1. Heavier: Yup!

2. Less fuel capacity: Yup!

3. More complexity: Yup!

4. More money: Yup!

5. More performance: Questionable

It doesn't add up to me!!! Maniac

X2 on that

I'll stick with carbs for as long as I can.

Isn't the starter motor on the left hand side on the Yamahas? Either way it's clearly not a photo so it's either a photoshop job (likely) or a CGI impression from Yamaha, in which case it would have been built from the YZ450f and you could forgive the odd oversight (especially if its only a concept impression).

Here's to hoping it bears some truth though because I'm hanging out for them to bring out a new WR. The way I see it I'm buying a KTM or Berg next, unless Yamaha and Honda bring out new models with EFI for 2012. Then it will be really hard to chose...

I find it interesting that Yamaha has pictures of all the 2012 models but the WR 450 has no pic out yet! What are they waiting for?

I guess their graphics department haven't come up with the new stickers (again) for next year!

That's all I'm expecting to see.

Greg

It won't be discontinued. Not sure about the rest of the world, but the WR450F is still the best selling enduro bike in Australia.

In Europe, this bike is over...some companies (Italians) license plate '10 & '11 YZF 450 for 1200€, but of course no e-start, and expensive if you need some modifications, like wide ratio...450 KTM is our best selling

Isn't the starter motor on the left hand side on the Yamahas? Either way it's clearly not a photo so it's either a photoshop job (likely) or a CGI impression from Yamaha, in which case it would have been built from the YZ450f and you could forgive the odd oversight (especially if its only a concept impression).

Here's to hoping it bears some truth though because I'm hanging out for them to bring out a new WR. The way I see it I'm buying a KTM or Berg next, unless Yamaha and Honda bring out new models with EFI for 2012. Then it will be really hard to chose...

I have an 05, that is plated. Its also top heavy, tall... but... bullet proof!

that being said, my next bike to replace my wr450 may be the beta 450. Its hard to ignore the slightly lower seat height

In Europe, this bike is over...some companies (Italians) license plate '10 & '11 YZF 450 for 1200€, but of course no e-start, and expensive if you need some modifications, like wide ratio...450 KTM is our best selling

Interesting. For some reason people are scared of European bikes in Australia. They're convinced that they're unreliable and there is more objection than support for EFI.

The CRF and the WR are good solid bikes but the europeans are a long way ahead in terms of development.

I know if I had the money I would be riding a 2012 450EXC...

It won't be discontinued. Not sure about the rest of the world, but the WR450F is still the best selling enduro bike in Australia.

I think it might actually still be the best selling motorcycle in Australia.

(Ignoring the thousands of "special" Honda postal bikes that Australia Post buys each year.)

Greg