HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr600r

Screw for odometer knob

5 posts in this topic

Where can i buy the little screw that holds the odometer knob on ? i dont this the dealer sells separate parts for the odo. :)

I lost mine. I used a screw from a Triumph T-Bird speedo' knob. Loads of bikes use the same screw, try the dealers/wreckers in your area. I now have a small blob of silicone in the screw hole to stop the screw coming right out. My screw has backed out twice now, but the knob has stayed intact until I go to reset the tripmeter, then it came right out.The second time I used a dab of blue Loc-Tite, good so far. :)

For the guys that haven't lost them yet, check the screw for tightness and put a little dab of RTV (silicon) to seal off the hole in the end of the knob. This has been a technique I've used to deal with this problem on Yamaha odometers since at least the early 80s.