2011 yz450f exhaust recommendations ?

So I'm looking around for pipes but just dont know if they're all the same or do others make a bigger difference than others. Or or if i should stick to stock pipe and should just buy the gytr programer I heard it's the same as changing pipes. Also I'm more of a desert rider than a track rider and advice would help.

Depends on what kind of power you want. Pull longer on top? Mellower and broader or more hit? Spark arrestor required? MXA did a test and preffered the Yoshimura RS-4 and Pro-circuit pipes but that is mx. I have the Yosh and love it and yes the tuner does make a difference. You might try to find some tests and see what suits your needs.

I bought a power commander five long before I bought a pipe and found a noticable difference in top end power after the install. Leaning out the fuel map and making it more precise is a great mod just like adding a pipe.

I bought an FMF 4.1 slip on later on and again noticed a much larger gain in mid-top end power.

It's been proven that the stock header flows very well, and a slip on will net the best gain for the price. If you want to save some weight then grab the full setup.

My .02 cents.

From what I have read, almost all of the slip on's are great buys!.

I wish that Yoshimura would make that duel outlet slip on for the yammy though!

Would the slip yosh work or should I get the full system

I did the slip on first, then the full system and i could not tell the difference between the two...the slip on is cool also because it came with the removable spark arrestor...

I did the slip on first, then the full system and i could not tell the difference between the two...the slip on is cool also because it came with the removable spark arrestor...

Thanks for sharing - you just saved me some cash...

What did you feel when you put the slip-on on?

Thanks for sharing - you just saved me some cash...

What did you feel when you put the slip-on on?

Smooth power with a little more bottom mid and top, also i added two teeth to the rear and removed the spark arrestor...i only ride tracks so it’s unnecessary..

Looked like they clearly liked the yosh the best. I was considering a yosh but went with the MRD instead although I don't have a nice shootout report to tell me it is best, I hope it is comparable to the yosh.

B/c I don't have a subscription I can't read the whole article. I was able to read about 4 exhaust but the one I wanted to read about I couldn't which was the Vance and Hines

Mellowest power down low, more overrev. Everybody but Novices wanted more everywhere. Quietest exhaust in test.

Recomendations were Yosh or Akra.