Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnny6speed

Two kicks with rubber exhaust plug in, seems fine?

21 posts in this topic

Feel free to scare the crap out of me as this evening I kicked the bike over twice with the plug in the endcap. I was attempting to start the bike to warm up the oil for a routine change and after the 2nd kick I did a Chris Farley cartwheel off the bike as I forgot the plug was in it!!!!!! :ride::banghead::lol:

Took it for a quick spin after warmup in my field and road, seems fine. Whats the worst that can happen from doing such a thing? What should I check for damage? Maybe cause an air leak in the exhaust system?

Thanks in advance.. :lol:

You probably ruined the muffler bearing.

j/k. I do it all the time, it's no big deal. Your pipe plug would blow out before any damage would be caused. I'm surprised it kicked you back so hard. Are you >100lbs?

Damn that's is funny I thought I was the only tard that's done that. Kick-kick-kick pop the plug shoots out. Its never done anything to the bike that I can tell.

You probably ruined the muffler bearing.

j/k. I do it all the time, it's no big deal. Your pipe plug would blow out before any damage would be caused. I'm surprised it kicked you back so hard. Are you >100lbs?

Actually I'm bout 255 cheeseburgers. The cartwheel came because it seemed to be the most efficient way to jump off from the left footpeg as I was freaked out and mad that I was a DUB.

I did the same thing once, however mine did'nt blow out right away. My bike sounded really wierd. I thaught it was broke, then I realized the plug was in.

A few months back, just cleaned my bike, me and some buds kicken it in the garage, and my daughter 18 years old 110 lbs is sitting on my bike, say's I want to go riding, I said you cant even start it ( bike was cold). Sure as shit first kick the bike starts up and I'm sitting in a chair behind it when I see & hear something shoot by my head, :lol: yep the plug, put a nice dent in the water heater. :ride:

A few months back, just cleaned my bike, me and some buds kicken it in the garage, and my daughter 18 years old 110 lbs is sitting on my bike, say's I want to go riding, I said you cant even start it ( bike was cold). Sure as shit first kick the bike starts up and I'm sitting in a chair behind it when I see & hear something shoot by my head, :lol: yep the plug, put a nice dent in the water heater. :lol:

Like my mom always told me when I was a kid "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye from a muffler wash plug." :ride:

Like my mom always told me when I was a kid "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye from a muffler wash plug." :lol:

Actually, if someone was standing behind the bike they probably would take the plug square in the nuts.... :ride:

MY boys KX65 ran like crap on Sunday Fathers Day. Ran great when we shut it off on Saturday. WTH?! :ride: Spider get into the carb somehow overnight?!?!?! No....choke was on. No wonder it wouldn't rev and was so smokey.

MY boys KX65 ran like crap on Sunday Fathers Day. Ran great when we shut it off on Saturday. WTH?! :lol: Spider get into the carb somehow overnight?!?!?! No....choke was on. No wonder it wouldn't rev and was so smokey.

same thing happend to me back in the 80's during a race. 2 laps, a fouled spark plug, and after an hour of swearing I realized I left a paper towel stuffed in the airbox boot during my air filter change ! :ride: what a friggin putz..... but i'm told other people make the same mistake too....

You haven't lived until you have shot the exhaust plug about thirty feet away, then sheepishly walked over to it pick it up. That is the dirtbike walk of shame.

same thing happend to me back in the 80's during a race. 2 laps, a fouled spark plug, and after an hour of swearing I realized I left a paper towel stuffed in the airbox boot during my air filter change ! :thumbsup: what a friggin putz..... but i'm told other people make the same mistake too....

I drove my first car around for about 6 months with a rag in the intake... think my dad did that on purpose so I wouldnt be ripping around like a idiot.

I've also left the silencer plug in on my Yammadog 450 and couldnt figure it out for about 2 min... ended up having some moisture come out of the head breather tube... made me think I did something to the exhaust bearing too. Easy to fix though. :ride:

My buddy replaced his oil pan gasket and left a rag in the oil pan. His oil pressure kept dropping erratically afterwards and he couldn't figure out why. He pulled it back apart expecting to have to replace the oil pump. When he told what he found I laughed. :thumbsup:

I always forget mine. I had just got the bike back from the mechanic a few months ago. Got on it and started kicking away. I was so mad it wouldn't start. Disgusted I put the triangle in and walked away to call the mechanic and give him a peice of my mind. As I picked my cell up I turned back towards the bike to give it a dirty look. Yep, there's my butt plug. I felt like a total tool, well I geuss I just am! LOL

My confession:smirk: I always forget to turn my gas back on when I ride with my buddies. We'll be riding and all of a sudden my bike starts popping and shuts off. Of course, I never remember that it's my gas that's off and I kick and kick, while nothing happens. Then I remember that my gas isn't turned on....oops.:thumbsup:

Yeah forgetting the plug is a common occurrence for me, I have a few dents in the garage door from the plug. And I used to do the same thing as above with the petcock, now I only turn it off if transporting or I have to lay it over for some reason.

Ahhh....... Can't tell you how much I hate to hear that whistle it makes right before it fly's out. Hanging my head in shame as I pick it up off the dirt.

So....what you guys are saying....Is you put the plug in before washing and then have to remove it manually. :thumbsup: