HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
compmoto

04 YZ450F cylinder head

5 posts in this topic

any suggestions on a source for a complete head , besides OEM ? Seems like $800+ is my only option , at the moment ... thanx for your insight

get it ported and polished. dont know if you'll find a complete head for under that? ive herd people getting awesome gains from porting and polishing. i did my own port and polish job. i pry ruined it tho. didnt know what i was doing. seems to run a little better tho. but if you get it professionally done, it will haul ass

You could always get the GYTR ported head assembly. It's ready to bolt on for a low price of $1400, LOL! What's wrong with yours? It's likely it can be repaired.

Look for used heads on eBay or CL. '03-'05 YZ450, '03-'06 WR450, and the YFZ Quad up to '08 will fit.

If you ruined the cam bores or even dropped a valve, there's still a chance yours can be repaired economically. Contact Engine Dynamics.

thank u for the replies. I don't yet know the condition, as it is a pending purchase. I doubt I would go the GYTR route, and would be willing to repair it, if possible. I'm just looking at "worst-case-scenario" , 'cuz its been into before, and the kid doesn't know much about it. Plus, he was a "trail rider", not a racer, who may have kept up with maintenance/valve adjustments...I'm gonna offer him $700., and if he takes it, I'll open it up, and see what I'm in for ! I also proly wouldn't go the used route on Ebay, cuz u just never know what you're getting ...I'll already have a used head anyway. Maybe new valves,and gaskets ? That'd be too EZ for me ! Thanx again ! I should stick w 2 strokes !