HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dubious

Hello and thanks

4 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say hello all and thanks to many for sharing their info.This is without a doubt the most informative site I have found . :)

If it weren't for the many usefull contributions to this site there would be alot of wr450's still running like xr250's. Thank goodness. After coming off a modified 70 HP @rear wheel :D(read -retarded-) CR500 I thought I had bought a dawg. Well after uncorking the bike I am almost completely satisfied.

Did somebody say they were getting 58HP out of these bikes ? Point me that way please. Ohh yah :D

Just curious as why you put in a yz throttle stop and cut the grey wire I thought this was only a USA thing. I know mine didnt need the throttle shortened I am not to sure about the grey wire though. Did you make it out to the vega hare scramble. :)

Welcome to the Fourm. The only rule is, that when you learn something new, pass it on....

Bonzai :)

The throttle stop was the short one, and the grey wire I disconnected anyways *(did not cut it). When I brought the bike home the jetting was off so bad that I could hardly start it with the kick starter, The e start would never have got it running -I tried the battery died. The thing was so plugged up I started modifiing it before it even had 10 km on it. I was so dissapointed I just started doing all the mods I could info about. What an awesome machine now. But I was ready to return it to the dealer after my first 2 minute ride. I guess I was so frustrated and the only info was about US machines at the time. I picked mine up in early February.

Yamaha should have put a 5 speed in the Yz. They would sella ton more of them. Everybody wants the power, but a 4 speed is good for motocross only. Who needs electric start now. Mine starts 1st kick.

No I did not make it to Vega, I work shiftwork.

But I plan to do as many Hare scrambles as possible and a few moto's with it in 2004. :)