WR450F vs KTM 450/530 EXC

Gents,

I'm, 43, 6'5", and do some trail riding, as well as cruising sand logging roads. 4 or 5 times a year, I do very casual laps around a motocross track. I need a bike with a plate so that I can play on ATV trails in Northern Wisconsin. Currently have a 2009 Yamaha WR450F and a 2007 Honda /XR650L. I'd like to go to one bike. Question, try to plate the WR450F (which I love) in Michigan, transfer the title to Wisconsin, or sell both bikes and try to find a KTM 450/530 EXC? All input appreciated:ride:

Edited by Cobalt650

If you can get the WR rego'd, do it. Way cheaper than buying a KTM. Ilike the way the 530exc performs and handles but they still have issues. The WR is the most reliable 4 stroke out there and if you're happy you'll save a ton of cash.

Wish I could plate mine.

Hi mate I owned a 2001 WR426 and loved it apart for the starting issue. So I changed sides and bought a 2003 KTM450 exc, after changing most of the bike and spending a long time sorting out the ride ,I sold it .I have replaced it with a WR450 and I'm so glad . The KTM but the brakes are bad the ride is changable and to mind the WR will run rings around it .

I find the WR feels far more stable on the trail which for me is the best way to is good. I had too many "oh Sh*t" moments on the KTM .Save your cash and stay blue.

Gents,

I', 43, 6'5", and do some trail riding, as well as cruising sand logging roads. 4 or 5 times a year, I do very casual laps around a motocross track. I need a bike with a plate so that I can play on ATV trails in Northern Wisconsin. Currently have a 2009 Yamaha WR450F and a 2007 Honda /XR650L. I'd like to go to one bike. Question, try to plate the WR450F (which I love) in Michigan, transfer the title to Wisconsin, or sell both bikes and try to find a KTM 450/530 EXC? All input appreciated:ride:

Born and raised in Wisconsin, still ride at my parents near Ashland (I now live in the Twin Cities), own a WR450 and had a completely redone XR650L before it!!!

Anyway, register it in MI, I hear it's VERY easy to still plate, raise the gearing a bit on the WR (I run 1 tooth larger front and 1 tooth smaller rear and can still ride at a walking pace), transfer it back to WI and enjoy. I haven't gotten around to plating mine yet but will probably do it once I find someone in Michigan I trust.

KTM's are nice but are race breed machines and need constant attention. It's not a dig, just info. They're very nice and perform very well, but you pay for it in upkeep.

Mike

If you can get the WR rego'd, do it. Way cheaper than buying a KTM. Ilike the way the 530exc performs and handles but they still have issues. The WR is the most reliable 4 stroke out there and if you're happy you'll save a ton of cash.

Wish I could plate mine.

Exactly! Plate your wr if you can.

I got my wr450 plated and its the bike I can ride about anywhere.

KTM's do perform very, very well. They are a company committed to enduro and trail bikes. If you do end up getting a ktm, you'll like it too.