Hard Start for yz450f

hey guys i was wondering. is your bike harder to start when its already warmed up and you've been riding.. my bike will start right up cold but if ive been running it i have to let it cool down and try again.

They can be. Are you using the hot start lever.

is that the lever right under the left handle bar?

On stock levers, it's on top of the clutch perch. On a lot of aftermarket stuff, it's under it. The hot start bleeds air into the intake to lean out the engine for restarting hot. Hold the lever and crank w/no throttle a time or two. Should help.

Mines usually 1-3 kicks when hot.

Mine starts easy all the time. I am always amazed because I know 4 strokes are supposed to be hard to start when hot.

Some bikes seem to like a couple twists of the throttle before you start them. I know mine does.

Some bikes seem to like a couple twists of the throttle before you start them. I know mine does.

Mine does when the bike is cold-as in not run in a while. When the bike is hot, if you're having to prime the cylinder by squirting fuel in it (twisting the throttle) you're probably running lean.

Mine starts easy all the time. I am always amazed because I know 4 strokes are supposed to be hard to start when hot.

Same here.. 2 kicks max. (although I'm sure it won't start for the first time now that I've said that)

I was going to get an auto decompression cam after all of the horror stories but not sure I'm going to bother now. I can start it usually first kick now anyways and have the decompression step down to very little time.