HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wags450

08 450f FMF Exhaust

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried the Powercore or the 4.1 with powerbomb head in SS? Is the 4.1 really worth the extra $$$. Most things Ive read say theres not much of a difference in the Powercore and the stock just wondering whos actually got them on their bike and if they feel it was worth it. Twisted up my pipe and header laying it down Sunday and looking to order something up but I was looking for some actual feedback. Thanks in advance.

well, I just got a 08 with the powerbomb and 4.1 and it has a ton of power. More than my friends 09 with stock. I can't speak for the 08 stock, but can tell you that you will be very happy with the fmf.

Any aftermarket system on the '08/'09 will be a huge ( around 4 to 6 hp from approx 4000 to 9000 rpm) improvement.

I've got an FMF powerbomb header fitted with a Pro Circuit T-4 can. I've actually got 2 complete aftermarket systems, one on the bike and one in the garage - I never want to have to ride my bike with the stock exhaust again.

The system I've got on my bike now is awesome, results will be similar with any performance pipe you buy.

The powercore performs exactly like the stock 06 silencer, I couldn't tell a difference switching between the two. When I put the factory 4.1 in it made a pretty big difference across the whole range. I say the factory 4.1 is worth the extra money.

Any aftermarket system on the '08/'09 will be a huge ( around 4 to 6 hp from approx 4000 to 9000 rpm) improvement.

4-6 horse power from just an exhaust! :ride: i knew the 08/09's were choked up but...

Thanks for the feedback thats exactly what I was looking for people that actually have them in use. I am ordering the 4.1 up right now.

The powercore performs exactly like the stock 06 silencer, I couldn't tell a difference switching between the two.

If you have the money definitely 4.1 is the way to go but if someone is on a budget I think the Powecore is a good option.

From what I have read the Powercore actually has better bottom and over rev than stock. Easier to repack than a stock muffler, comes with SA and can use a quiet insert.