Pretty sure my cylinder needs replating

I honed my cylinder out and it still has some scratches on the inside and a strange white spot at the top. Where is the best place to get one replated? Or would it be better to find a new cylinder?

This is turning into a very expensive project. lol

I just went through this and found it better to just replace it. Once you find a reasonable shop, get your cylinder shipped, replated, and shipped back to you, you could have a new one already installed for just a little more money. Fastest way to get you back up and running IMO. That way you can fix your scared cylinder whenever and save it for later on the next rebuild.

Yes, they can get expensive!:ride:

I think U.S. Chrome does it for about $200

Okay thanks I think trying to save $300 is worth a try. lol

$238.53 for a brand new OEM cylinder ('09 yz450f) from ServiceYamama.com. A good way to spend an extra $38.53 I think.

$238.53 for a brand new OEM cylinder ('09 yz450f) from ServiceYamama.com. A good way to spend an extra $38.53 I think.

Agreed..

Double agreed, that's pretty cheap.

It's $314.76 from the TT store. I wish the discounted as heavily as Service Yamaha.

It's $314.76 from the TT store. I wish the discounted as heavily as Service Yamaha.

TT Store is supposed to beat any price by 10%, I think. Call and ask, you never know till you try...

TT Store is supposed to beat any price by 10%, I think. Call and ask, you never know till you try...

TT store won't price match OEM parts, it's in the fine print :ride:

TT store won't price match OEM parts, it's in the fine print :ride:

They sure as heck should with what they charge for shipping and handling