HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kawilover

how will 400 and 426 stack up it a 450?

12 posts in this topic

in terms of power? I'm sure they're really close, but motor is only part of the package, don't forget that the 450 has better suspension and chassis.

Powerwise you will be fine. Suspensionwise you will be hurting with the stock stuff. I switched mine out to 2005 suspension and its pretty awesome. The chassis is where you will be lacking and you cant really do anything about it.

Powerwise you will be fine. Suspensionwise you will be hurting with the stock stuff. I switched mine out to 2005 suspension and its pretty awesome. The chassis is where you will be lacking and you cant really do anything about it.

are the 05 forks the same diameter as the stock ones?

does the shock bolt up?

Interested? lol. I got some 2005 universal clamps off ebay for about 50 dollars new and the wheel bolts up. The shock does also. Although its the same shock from 2002 to 2005. I got it re valved also.

I have heard that the old open bath forks are better for offroad though. Im not really sure though.

I've had all 3 of them depending on riding style and level you may not really notice much difference all 3 good bikes and can keep up with eachother

Edited by Dirt-rich
Boom

Interested? lol. I got some 2005 universal clamps off ebay for about 50 dollars new and the wheel bolts up. The shock does also. Although its the same shock from 2002 to 2005. I got it re valved also.

I have heard that the old open bath forks are better for offroad though. Im not really sure though.

ya think lol?

thanks

If the outdated suspension won't kill you on the 400 and 426, the porky excessive weight will..

In terms of pure drag race on smooth ground for typical first-corner distance the older engines are right there. So is a MX360....

If the outdated suspension won't kill you on the 400 and 426, the porky excessive weight will..

That was my problem with my 426. The suspension was ok, but the bike is heavier than hell... I just switched to an 08 yz450f

lol It's all about the rider. I can flow just as well on my woodsy 400 as i can on the 450!

There are SOOO many intangibles that make a good rider that the style bike it moot, as long as the power in comparable.