HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobbed06

UNI air filter question...NU3230ST

8 posts in this topic

I just picked up a UNI NU3230ST for my 03 YZ450 at the local shop and I just went to install it and noticed it doesnt have the rubber grommet that I remember being on my Uni filters for my 99-02 KX 250.

Is this an old filter or does this model filter not have one? Regardless, should I stretch the foam around the centerstud on the cage or just let the bolt tighten up against the foam?

I know its a stupid question, but I live in a sandy area so I dont want to risk anyything. Thanks in advance for any help.

YZ air filters typically don't have a grommet around the bolt hole. If you use a good, sticky filter oil like Maxima FFT, it's not a problem. Just be sure that area of the element (like the whole rest of it, is well oiled.

YZ air filters typically don't have a grommet around the bolt hole. If you use a good, sticky filter oil like Maxima FFT, it's not a problem. Just be sure that area of the element (like the whole rest of it, is well oiled.

Thanks, I did oil it very well. I just need to fix the oil leak, reinstall the chain, and service the neck bearings and I have completed the complete overhaul. Heres a pic from last nite.

Yzpics007.jpg

Yzpics003.jpg

That looks brand new!!! And +1 on what gray said.

It is, These are the STOCK rear brake pads that havent even seated in yet.

moreyzf012.jpg

I bought it from a guy who was scared of it.

Thanks yamiryder, I dissassembled the entire bike for cleaning and greasing. It wasnt dirty , but I wanted to be sure it was properly serviced up and ready for use. The carb had to be completely overhauled with new brass and rubber. The suspension bearings were pristine, and well greased upon dissassembly. I plan on installing a new X ring chain for longevity since the sprockets are still new, installing DSP springs, and a White rear fender, front fender, and number plate. A set of Renthal handlebars are in the plans as well.

Maybe a Lexx Slip On for looks, but that can wait.

I really like the Alpinestars graphics but havent been able to locate them. How well does the UFO stuff fit on these Yamaha? I liked the fit and finish of the UFO stuff on my Kawasakis, and the dimples for drilling made life easy as well.